whats better

Z3ROT3CH

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 completely different worlds.

im going to be buying a datsun here soon and the motor in it is a l18 with the 32/36 . but also has extra parts as in a cannon intake with a weber 40 side draft on it so was just wondering wat one was better .

thanks for the reply

Is your L18 rig going to be a daily driver ? if so ,,, stick with the 32/36 ,,, it's a good carb ,,, for all around use/dependability ,,, :)

If your planning on making your motor a little hopped up/hot ,,, then the Weber Sidedraft 40-dcoe (I'm assuming it's this or close to) ,,, is probably a direction you would look at going ,,, BUT ,,, IDK if the 40-dcoe is to big for what you are wanting/wishing to do !?

They are both good carbs ,,, different applications period/potential/purposes :D

The real question is ,,, what are planning to do ? Daily Driver the Rig ? Build a racer ? ,,, or looking for something in between ? ,,, for starters :)

Good luck !

Is your L18 rig going to be a daily driver ? if so ,,, stick with the 32/36 ,,, it's a good carb ,,, for all around use/dependability ,,, :)

If your planning on making your motor a little hopped up/hot ,,, then the Weber Sidedraft 40-dcoe (I'm assuming it's this or close to) ,,, is probably a direction you would look at going ,,, BUT ,,, IDK if the 40-dcoe is to big for what you are wanting/wishing to do !?

They are both good carbs ,,, different applications period/potential/purposes :D

The real question is ,,, what are planning to do ? Daily Driver the Rig ? Build a racer ? ,,, or looking for something in between ? ,,, for starters :)

Good luck !

im looking to build in between to break loose if i wanna race and as my daily transport to and from work

the question is "not better" but which one is more applicable/affordable. 32/36 will give you a little bit of performance, easy set-up/ maintainance, cheap and practical. 40 will give you some performance but will not max. effectiveness till you put cam, etc.

A lot will depend on your budget, tech. know how..either way good luck.

• 3 weeks later...