I Got ADD

Jayden71

SHE RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

So Chet came up from Caldwell today and brought some parts to me.

Hey look, his hood is up!! :lol:

DSC02044.jpg

First thing was to replace old water pump with new and alternator cuz umm well it didn't have one...

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

After that we took off old carb, cleaned up some of the vacuum and fuel lines. Chet brought upp another carb and we threw that on. Vacuum advance runs off carb now!!

DSC02052.jpg

Took fuel pump off and put another one on that is known to be working. Had to put new gasket on it anyways. So with everything put back together we hooked up the jumper cables to the Honda and started crankin er over. Come to find out that the starter I put on it was bad, it was drawing way too much power, starter was draggin and gettin very hot!! So replaced that with one I just had layin around and she cranked over nice and fast.

However could not get fuel pump to pump any fuel :angry: . Put another one on that came off my 521 a few weeks ago. :angry: still won't pump fuel! The tank had 3 galons in it and we could blow thru the fuel line so we knew it was n ot plugged anywhere. Put some fuel right down the carb and she started to run and then pump started pumpin and....... SHE RUNS!!

Very smooth!! No timing chain slap, very little valve train slap!! Put it in gear and it didn't die :lol: .

Inside the temp, fuel gauge both work. Charge light goes off. Oil light goes off. All dash lights work too. The only light that dont work is the e brake light.

After running a few minutes noticed that the top of the rad was starting to leak :( . Wildman haz a rad for me and Imma run an external tranny cooler in front of rad FTW!!!

Very very happy with this car, I think I gotta good deal.

OH OH!!! Almost forgot the best part...........810 roof rack BRAND DAM NEW!!!! NOS baaabyyyy!!!

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

I see ski trips in teh near future!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i should have went up there

You should be up here today Jason cuz I'm hoping to drive her down the street.

So I have a to do list for the lil lady before I can deem her roadworhty...

- Repair or replace rad

- New tranny fluid

- oil change and get rid of FAIL filter :lol:

- Put in back window

- Replace a few old fuel and tranny lines

- Prolly new pads and rotors up front, drivers side is almost on metal

- Need to put at least one outside mirror on

- She will need struts, they are pretty weak

- Definately need to replace the ratty ass seats, Jason you need to bring me those!!!

So far that about sums it up, nothing major at all. I'm gonna take the 240 wheels down to the truck wash next time I get my Freightliner washed and get them all cleaned up. Then I gots to get some spacers and 2 new tires to put on them.

Its goin kinda slow but, she may have to move under her own power down to Boise area if I wind up movin down there this year :mellow:

Yup, pulled her outta the garage and drove up and down the street for about 10 minutes.

Transmission shifts great, brakes work good not great. No squealing or grabbing tho, so thats good.

I think I'm in love with this car :blush:

Can't wait to get her legal and start planning the road trips!!

• Like 1

- She will need struts, they are pretty weak

Go to my build site for the goon and see what I did to my struts. I switched to 280zx struts but it would work with 710 struts too. Cut one coil off and refill with 20W motorcycle fork oil. Thicker fluid firms up the damping and spring is stiffer. Cost under $20 a side.

Go to my build site for the goon and see what I did to my struts. I switched to 280zx struts but it would work with 710 struts too. Cut one coil off and refill with 20W motorcycle fork oil. Thicker fluid firms up the damping and spring is stiffer. Cost under $20 a side.

will do Mike, Thank you!!

• 1 month later...

HOLY CRAP!!! I gotz an update!!!! Weather haz been crappy cold and lotz o stuff been happenin, havn't had much time for the gurl however........

Got an L20b rad with electric fan from Wildman a couple dayz ago.Hopefully gonna test fit it tomorrow...

IMG_20111125_184005.jpg

I have an external tranny cooler to bolt on in front of rad too!

And on a totally non 710 related issue, I also got teh 521 a new tranny...

IMG_20111121_082709.jpg

Dogleg style Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D