My personal green grass car show.... part 2

I figured I'd make a part 2 instead of adding to the original post. There is alot of pictures. It would have been better if it was early spring, all the weeds and grass wouldn't be so high and I could get better pictures. This is where I grew up since I was a newborn. All these cars have been there, with the exception of a few, all of 30 years or more.

ALL OF THESE CARS ARE NOT MINE AND THE OWNER WILL NOT PART WITH ANYTHING, trust me I've tried and he's my uncle.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those cars and no "GREENS"... Siick pile of cars.. what does he plan to do with them?

As far as I know he is just going to sit on them until he is no more :(

I really want the 59 Edsel, its spotless on the interior and its a restoration I can handle. But... he's not giving anything up. He wouldn't even sell me the trans out of the pos 86 Astro Van.

The damage is already done, there isn't much left that's restore-able. Everything is just parts now.

He is working on restoring a Chevelle SS and a 57 Chevy Belair 2 door. His other garage that I didn't picture has a nice 20's roadster with a pontiac V8 with triple two barrels on it, nice 46 Dodge chopped truck with a tunnel ram dual quads on it, the chevelle in restoration, and the belair in restoration.

I wish there was something I could do, I love old cars. Everyone ask me when I get a new classic car if I got it from out back. I have to tell them that I had to find it myself. I really want a 67 Impala Fastback, and there is 3 or 4 of them out there that I can't get. I've been looking for an affordable Impala for about 3 years now.

If my uncle wanted too, he could sell off the 58 Corvette and a couple 57 Chevy's and have plenty of money to restore a car he would sell. Then sell that, live and restore a couple more. He wouldn't have to work anymore and he'd get the cars he wants for real and make money off the rest. He has all the capabilities of restoring cars.

That vette is worth a pretty penny.. Personally I'd just stick new tires on it and drive it as it was. :cool:

The vette was drove into the barn in the late 80's. Almost all the cars in the barn were drove in.

If my uncle wanted too, he could sell off the 58 Corvette and a couple 57 Chevy's and have plenty of money to restore a car he would sell. Then sell that, live and restore a couple more. He wouldn't have to work anymore and he'd get the cars he wants for real and make money off the rest. He has all the capabilities of restoring cars.

I figured, but hes like us and selling a car is like lopping one of your fingers off. :lol:

edit:

I kinda guessed they was in okay shape originally, cause some of them honestly don't look that bad considering they have been sitting.

The damage is already done, there isn't much left that's restore-able. Everything is just parts now.

He is working on restoring a Chevelle SS and a 57 Chevy Belair 2 door. His other garage that I didn't picture has a nice 20's roadster with a pontiac V8 with triple two barrels on it, nice 46 Dodge chopped truck with a tunnel ram dual quads on it, the chevelle in restoration, and the belair in restoration.

i know pictures can be misleading, but a good few of them look well enough to drive as a rust bucket. that way theyd at least end with an honest life.

I figured, but hes like us and selling a car is like lopping one of your fingers off. :lol:

edit:

I kinda guessed they was in okay shape originally, cause some of them honestly don't look that bad considering they have been sitting.

Almost all in the barn could be restored and are still in decent shape. The Edsel is a good car all around, it was running in 07, the old primer Chevy outside is also a runner, the chop chevy truck ran in 09 and in good shape, the model T is a runner, the City Car needs batteries and some plastic windows, the Fury looks to be able to restore with a real love for the car (AKA Christine), and the 20 and 30's bodies on off the ground would be easy rat rods.

i know pictures can be misleading, but a good few of them look well enough to drive as a rust bucket. that way theyd at least end with an honest life.

Alot of them could be. He wont life forever, his family will get everything and hopefully won't send it all to the crusher. If that happens, I'll try to save what I can.

What an absolute fucking waste. Your uncle needs help. And I mean that seriously. This is a hoarder syndrome in full glory. He probably doesn't even know everything of what he's got out there. There are collectors and restorers who would WHORE THEMSELVES OUT for some of the vehicles he has on that lot.

For Christ's sake, he has trees growing out of engine bays. It is time for him to decide what to keep and let the world enjoy the rest.

There's a dude in Montana my aunt knows who has a collection of Corvettes from the first year they were built until today. They're just parked in a giant barn, in chronological order, each one being more and more neglected by the year. He absolutely refuses to get rid of any of them, don't even know where the keys are for most of them, and refuses to let just about everyone take a look at the collection. WTF, over?

Alot of them could be. He wont life forever, his family will get everything and hopefully won't send it all to the crusher. If that happens, I'll try to save what I can.

Talk to his family. Educate them on the fact that they will get far more from collectors than they'd EVER get from scrappers. Hell, all they'd have to do is post one thread on a classic car forum and ask to spread the word. There is literally tens of thousands of dollars rusting away.

Most of those at in absolute need of restoration, but since they're still straight and probably not road abused, they'd be straight forward restorers.

He does know almost everything about every car and whats in them. I snagged an old Fanta Root Beer can out of a 57 Chevy out side. He end up seeing it on the counter here and mentioned that it was in his car.

He is keeping everything for a reason, I may never understand, but without that old acreage of cars, I may have never got into old cars... I'd be sporting a Sunfire with a cone air filter and a performance chip thinking I got something cool.