WTB 510 SR20DET or DE under 10k

I'm looking for an SRed 510 under $10,000. I would like it to have an LSD, 5 speed, decent paint, I like a clean stockish interior with a racing seat or two, I don't care about the wheels or suspension components cuz I have that already but I do still need rear coil overs. Not a fan of big sound systems (too hevy), fancy interiors, pop up nav, racing stripes, spinners ect. Hope someone is out there that can suit my needs. Oh and engine must be in good shape.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm selling my 1969 510 2 door with a KA24DE, with too much stuff to list. The car has been built for 5 years and is a daily driver for the most part. I bought the wife a new car and she rarely drives the car now. The motor has been rebuilt and has less then 5000 miles on it. The rims are 16x7 in the front and 16x8 in the rear, no spacers. The car is pretty much done but some upgrades can be done and I have them available. I have installed Vintage Air air conditioning replacing the old heater box. Here is some pics.

510MotorPic2.jpg

P1050544.jpg

If a great deal came up on a ka+t then I might consider it but there are things about sr20s that I like. Aluminum block, DET are made to support at turbo ect. I figure if I'm going to spend close to 10k for a car everything better be the way I want it and so far that's what I want

If a great deal came up on a ka+t then I might consider it but there are things about sr20s that I like. Aluminum block, DET are made to support at turbo ect. I figure if I'm going to spend close to 10k for a car everything better be the way I want it and so far that's what I want

Even with $10K that's a tall order to fill. I've seen some local guys get into a SR20DET 510 just under your price point but had to button things up and I'm sure it came out to be much more than the $10K you're looking at. Granted that was over a year ago and some may be more willing to take a loss in thier cars if they're desperate...but if it's such a deal you have to be quick to pull the trigger and willing to travel a little bit to pick it up if needed. Not every deal is local.

Even with $10K that's a tall order to fill. I've seen some local guys get into a SR20DET 510 just under your price point but had to button things up and I'm sure it came out to be much more than the $10K you're looking at. Granted that was over a year ago and some may be more willing to take a loss in thier cars if they're desperate...but if it's such a deal you have to be quick to pull the trigger and willing to travel a little bit to pick it up if needed. Not every deal is local.

I'm willing to fly my butt out to the car and do a road trip back.if the deal is a good one I'd consider going anywhere in the states. I just hope I can have someone on this site check it out for me.

Dude if you got that kind of cash your car is a good starting point then you could put all the things your looking for on yours, you already got a good start with your suspension that you know is all new stuff. I was talking with the owner of the gray roadster with the SR20 he told me he installed and wired up all 3 of those SR roadsters and would gladly do the work on someones car I don't know how much he charges but he knows a spot where to get the SR20's. You don't want someone elses car that they built there way and it would never be everything you wanted or your own style, and who knows how hard the previous owner drove it, I know how I would be driving if I had an SR20 in my dime :D Your car looks good with the rims and the way it sits, your half way there !

Dude if you got that kind of cash your car is a good starting point then you could put all the things your looking for on yours, you already got a good start with your suspension that you know is all new stuff. I was talking with the owner of the gray roadster with the SR20 he told me he installed and wired up all 3 of those SR roadsters and would gladly do the work on someones car I don't know how much he charges but he knows a spot where to get the SR20's. You don't want someone elses car that they built there way and it would never be everything you wanted or your own style, and who knows how hard the previous owner drove it, I know how I would be driving if I had an SR20 in my dime :D Your car looks good with the rims and the way it sits, your half way there !

Uuggghhhhh why dose that make so much sense! I got his number a wile ago and I just called him but he didn't answer. I'll keep you posted

tall but doable. In the last 2 years looking at 510's i have seen a few clean sr20ed 510's in that price range. Just got to be patient. i might even consider a little bit of a project car

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.