Somebody motivate me!

Yeah, just got my 521 DDing with no issues, still things to do on the list, but it's complete and does more then pretty much any new vehicle on the road, just with waaaaaay more style. but before this project took waaay too long, the idea was my 510 needs a parts hauler, so 521 got all my loving. before I could make myself stop with the 510 and get the "parts hauler" going, I stripped it down and bolted in the complete 1980 280zx front end, sanded the surface rust, and slapped down the primer to stop any cancer. Complete 510 -Motor/tranny +1980 280zx rear end for 4 wheel disks, master cyl/power booster and all. Just need a little push in the right direction. 521 has me all excited and I want to make it DONE, but in the back of my mind, I know my love for these machines means that there's no "done" ever. What what what should I do? and before anyone asks HELL NO, I won't sell it to you. :)

Oiks anyone?

100_0517.jpg

100_0516.jpg

100_0515-1.jpg

100_0514-1.jpg

100_0518-1.jpg

and the parts hauler, in the last of the pre hauler daze, although alot of you have seen it before :)

0821101206.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cutting up the 280z dash for this one. There's very little difference between having a used car and a project and a dd datsun and a project, and you can see I did that. I get in, I drive, occasionally I do a mod or repair. Anyone read the part about me not selling it? it's ready to sand and paint, aside from the rear end work. Again, not selling the car i've wanted to build and have since the 5th grade. I traded my 79 kc I did the interior and reassembled after my dad did a mirror finish paint job on, when I was still in high school, and later rebuilt my first l20b for, for that 510 Lots and lots of memories in my 620, and you're looking at the only thing (including lots of money) that I would have ever traded it for. I've got everything but motor/tranny for this one, and you know i'm thinking sr20det. It's not rotting, it's waiting patiently for my loving. Funny that being told so sell it has me more motivated to build it then ever :)

If that's youre baby... Then yeah it is fucking rotting away. Not ready for Paint. I can see tons of rust. Get rid of that shit around it. Just denting it up more. I love to motivate people.But keep you're dreams realistic. A ka will make it a perfect dd. Sounds like to me you need to involve you're self in the Portland 510 community not just on ratsun. Ive often thrown away parts , given away,sold cheap, or traded. So start workin on it soon if not store it away with nothing in it. Sheet metal on racks or rafters. Parts in bins. all plugs removed. Away from the rain. Or sell it to someone with the motivation. Thats how it starts someone will keep a car for a long time letting it rot away saying oh I'll eventually "restore" it and not sell because they are attached. Before you know it the car is worth shit. That's what this looks like. You asked. Seems like you've come to that realization. It will take time, money,motivation and more importantly connections. I'm sure I'll see you around. Sorry to ramble but you asked

• Like 1

To me, driving someone elses build is kind of being a poser. I said ready to SAND and paint, money isn't the object, driving up in a badass 510 and showing these oiks of the starting condition is the point. That, and 1 more 510 to the road that has less and less lately. This is how to get every aspect of my ride tuned to my likes. As for the point of this thread, it was to get a kick in the ass to Keep going now the parts hauler is on the road. I don't have any questions (yet). Yeah, I do need to get on the 510 sites too. Thanks for the encouragement, and for those who discouraged, and doubt me, Watch Me! It sat and waited for me to learn, I learned, and there's plenty of room for more of that. Became a mechanic without any schooling partly from all I learned, now I can do it right.

The reason i said what i said is i have sold many 510's and they ended up looking as yours does. I have also bought 510's that i watched rot in some ones yard and had to scrap them due to sitting if they would have sold them to me sooner they would have been on the road . hell i left my 4 door sitting in my back yard for 2 years with a brand new motor in it because i got burnt out on it. let me tell you letting a dime sit is extremely hard on them. and always putts you back a lot.

drag that shit out and take some pics. if you have to look at it you will more likely work on it