1972 1200 COUPE FOR SALE $500

I've decided to go in a different direction... I'm meeting Skib to ckeck out his 620. The story on this is I was looking for a 620 and stumbled upon the 1200. We'll the 1200 was my 1st car and long-story-short... it followed me home. Though I have fondly nostalgic memories of the 1200 from my youth, I really want a 620. So that's the history... Here is the car info...

It's a 1972 Coupe. I think the color is Miami Yellow (wifey calls it baby shit brown). Starts and runs [engine runs, but needs a clutch. It can be driven, just not up hill. :) ] Good glass all around. Rust in the normal places ( I've welded in patches to repair the floor). Interior front seats ruff. No carpet or mats. Headliner good. Has grill and headlights. just not in the picture. :) [Also, the engine in the car has a leak, I think it a bad soft plug.]

Its is currently licensed as as 'Collector Vehicle' (means you don't have to renew the tabs yearly). Have clear title.

As it sits price is $500. But there's more. I have been collecting parts. For now I'd like to include these as a package for $1700. I may part these out later if not sold with the car.

Spare A12 Japanese crate motor

5-speed dog-leg transmission and yoke (currently attached to motor above)

New front bumper

Long tube headers

Left and right stainless door (headlight) trim [$60 each from BP Projects]

Stainless braided brake lines [$135 from BP Projects]

New 13x5 alloy wheels (3 have never been removed from box)

New ignition switch and lock

mklotz70's brake upgrade adapter

I think I'm forgetting something :)

1200-1.jpg

1200-2.jpg

Crate Motor & 5-speed

EngineTrans.jpg

MB SevenX wheel, painted center, polished rim.

sevenX.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was the one on craigslist for sale up by Ralphs this winter. it was a pretty decent car ,,a little rust but pretty decent

And the fact your not reselling it for more than you paid ( without extras ) is also pretty cool .cool.gif

Hey thanks bananahamuck :)

Yeah its the same one ...

I'm just trying to recoup some of my $$$. The extra parts don't include the shipping, tax, time and gas necessary to collect them. Or, the repairing I've done so far.

Check out the [comments] I've added to help clarify things a bit.

I also added another photo that shows the rust better.

More photos as requested...

I would prefer to sell this as a package. If you want to talk, my cell is: three 6 zero - four 8 one - zero 2 six 9.

Passenger side floor (I hooked a little computer speaker to the stock radio - wow it works).

IMG_7571.jpg

Drivers Floor

IMG_7568.jpg

Under the hood

IMG_7565.jpg

Drivers side rear

IMG_7567.jpg

Pass side rear

IMG_7569.jpg

Lower pass side between wheels

IMG_7570.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Sweet, but, the clutch won't let this guy drive anywhere long distances?

:blink: :blink:

Jason :o

You need another Datto like a...... :lol: :cool:

If I put in a new clutch, the price goes up. ;)

Anyone have a serviceable clutch disk for an A12? Rock auto has one for $13 but I'd rather not wait for it to arrive.

If the clutch is not adjusted it can slip. Make sure there is 1" play at the pedal, and maybe it will stop slipping.

Thanks for the suggestion Ggzilla. I tried that. There's just no life left in the old disk.

Wish I could pick the package up from you, but I'm looking to drop a L series in... If you decide to piece this out, I have $500 in hand and will be down in a moments notice to pick her up :)

Matt, your on my list (in a good way :) ). Let's see if someone wants the entire package first. :)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.