bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this will inspire you

058311.jpg

SWEET! Just got that same grille from Kuwait! More are available if anyone needs an all black facelift one like that! Plan to do up my 74 burgundy beast similar to that!

Too bad that the SSS quarter panel round badges are not too visible? Those are super cool on the facelift models. The early fender mirrors look nice too! :)

Those are the JDM rain drip rails:D Lots of rain in Japan!:eek:

The Bluebird signature on the lip spoiler is a nice touch also!! :cool:

I managed to get a set of those drip rails from japan.

They are an aftermarket item. Here is a pic (sorry for thread highjack);

toyotoyo1213img600x4501ln6.jpg

With regards to colors Bonvo, I think the 610's look the best with the stock flat colours. Thisismatt has a good stocker from memory in an off green.

it will be done soon as i get another fucking fan :P as for color im only gonna do a gloss just not sure if i wanna go 2 tone with the final paint or not if i go one color i have no idea what im gonna go with

How about some racing stripes? They look good on the blue 610 factory image car that appeared on the cover of Wheels Magazine down under from around Jan 1972 or so.

Single stage paint without a clear coat keeps the car period correct and I think looks nicer and shines better. But has less protection, it's a trade off I suppose. I's ultimately up to you though. :unsure:

thats the plan is to go with a single stage for a few reasons main one being cost im just lookin for ideas on colors one of my friends sugested a charcol color as for stripes i was considering an offset stripe down the drivers side in white or black depending on the color i choose

well if you're gonna go single stage, my suggestion may not work. I dont know If theres color limitations for single vs base/clear.

Theres always the option of trying to get the paint you used on the block matched up also.

The gunmetal/pearl white two tone i shot the cup racer with is kinda growin on me. Tho you should probly see the 'Brilliant Blue' Ive got aswell. Hows the battery tray comin? I've gotta get some more wire for the welder. Ran out mocking up some rebar today.

i like the white and gunmetal im just not sure if i wanna do 2 tone or not im still in the thinkin stages of paint i was also considering a dark midnight blue. lol the paint i used on the block is nothing special just ford blue its the closest i could find to datsun blue

the battery tray is commin good i managed to get the tray straightend and cleaned i need to finish the prep on the car itself and we will be ready to rock

im also working on a deal for this :D

nismocompj.jpg

nismo comp shorty header :eek:

Edited by bonvo
I have the same one. Nismo? Doubtful... I must say, I do like the chrome look!

I agree to all.

I'm not that familiar with the I4 stuff but looking at the flange thickness and the bolt holes I really wouldn't think that its nismo.

Well you have to be careful, tubi's are prone to cracking so cheaper brands are really risky and thinner flanges can and do warp. With a header you pay short or pay long but your still going to pay.

Not saying thats what going to happen with that one, Idk. Just saying care should be taken.

im being cautious its hard to see in the pics but the flange is actually rather thick ive looked the header over and it all looks to be well made it would flow well and its comming from a trusted source i dont care if its nismo or not im going off what the recipt he showed me said if its not i dont care i just want to do exhaust once

I redid my exhaust 3 times with that stupid header that I bought. Not only that but on the day that I bought it, a crashed my car with another car. Cost me my whole pay check to fix what I did!!! I still have to redo it again but now with a stock non smog manifold... I wasted more than 2k on that stupid header and it didn't ever get it right. 3 hp is not worth that effort and pain. That is a shorty header and well I believe its just the same as the stock manifold. The stock one wont rust, ever! Don't want to believe me? Buy it and then race me...