610 street demon resurection

bonvo

If you are going to swap in a 4.3 you should look at the LV3 4.3. Basically a 5.3 LS engine with 2 cylinders removed, close to 300 HP in stock trim, and supposedly a little over 300 lbs dressed. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2024 at 12:27 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I'd be interested in that. Personally I think the small block based 4.3 is a turd. Too heavy for the power it makes.

The old one was, the new one is not. You are talking about a 100hp difference between the two. They drive well in a big fat 5000lb truck. It would fly in something like a 610. 

But the one upside to the old one is you can carb it. 

2 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

The old one was, the new one is not. You are talking about a 100hp difference between the two. They drive well in a big fat 5000lb truck. It would fly in something like a 610. 

I should clarify that the "old" 4.3 came in two basic varieties - Vortec and pre-Vortec.

When Vortec took over in around 1996, all of Chevy's engines started to become good. One example is the 454, which came with TBI until Vortec redesigned it, and then renamed it the 7.4L. In TBI form it made around 230hp and 380lb/ft while the redesigned motor made 290hp and 410lb/ft. The 4.3L V6 had similar jumps in power. But the most noticeable difference came in how the engines sounded at higher RPMs. They actually made power above 4500 RPMs and sounded great doing it. Well, maybe not great, but a whole lot better.

5 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

which is why this is an old style one with a lot of changes such as ported heads bigger valves flat top pistons the works

• Like 2

got some stuff done this weekend (i have weird days off) i took everything out of the car to inventory everything and shop vac the car out then prepped and painted the grill and j lines doesnt show to well in the pics cause its over cast today but i did the grill and j lines gloss black with duplicolor clear effex over it when in the shade or at night they just look gloss black but in the sun they explode with color

5hKnEWM.jpeg

3L1ilx3.jpeg

9DmAULA.jpeg

x3QOU6T.jpeg

this pic of the wheels i was going to run on my old 620 shows the effect off well

5caicks.jpeg

also got the back glass from shelly (the yellow 76 at the beginning of this thread for the newbies) installed

Zkjurcc.jpeg

Edited by bonvo
  • Like 2