Insurance on classic cars

I tried the search function but it was pretty useless.

I currently own a 240z that my parents pay the insurance for. However, they won't tell me how much as they are extremely furtive about all aspects of their finance. So how much does it cost to insure your datsun?

Also, I might also be buying another running datsun in the near future. How much would insuring a second car cost?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

over 40, good record, full coverage on my 'classic' was $200/year from Hagerty. Changed to State Farm and it's only $120/year, stated-level if the car is totaled, and includes towing.

'Classic' insurance is for non daily-drivers, no commuting allowed. Just like classic license plates -- pretty much the same criteria.

yes, both mine were "agreed" (stated) value. If it is totaled, that's the value I will get. If it's not totaled, then they pay whatever it takes to repair it.

Normal insurance is not using agreed/stated value, but will pay out Fair Market Value, which is not very much on a 40 year old car.

Agreed value of $15,000, clean record, State Farm, 7,000 mile/year limit, $12.00 per month - FULL COVERAGE, towing, rental car, windshield, etc. Having a clean records makes it all perfect, even if you get pulled over by cops, they see you have a very clean record, then tend to take it easy on you and work with you to just give you a warning as long as you are HONEST. It worked for me, the cop did not give me a speeding ticket 65MPH on a 55MPH zone. He told me that he felt that I whave been wise to drive really well, even though I drive fast azz cars, so he said, "take it easy on the pedal, have a nice day". :cool:

Agreed value of $15,000, clean record, State Farm, 7,000 mile/year limit, $12.00 per month - FULL COVERAGE, towing, rental car, windshield, etc. Having a clean records makes it all perfect, even if you get pulled over by cops, they see you have a very clean record, then tend to take it easy on you and work with you to just give you a warning as long as you are HONEST. It worked for me, the cop did not give me a speeding ticket 65MPH on a 55MPH zone. He told me that he felt that I whave been wise to drive really well, even though I drive fast azz cars, so he said, "take it easy on the pedal, have a nice day". :cool:

Damn, that is a good rate. I am going to have to check out state farm. I have everything you have on your policy except the mileage and the agreed value and your rate is much better than mine.