Anyone ever do a power rolling rear window conversion on a pickup yet?

seems like a slider rear window for a 521 is VERY hard to find, and I like to be different, some of you may have seen my truck, so you know. I'm great with metal and fab, hell no it wouldn't be easy, but definately cool right? flip a switch and my rear window ROLLS DOWN :) just hoping someone has tried it or knows someone who has and maybe can give me some tips, but not seeing anything like that anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was gonna' cut my canope to fit my truck better, but the bed line and the cab are still gonna' be different, lots and lots of work, and not perfect when i'm done, forget it, making a cover for it, and I want the airflow I would have had with a flow through, and open canope windows, You guys helped me make up my mind, now for those pointers???

We did one back in 97 on a toyota ex cab truck, welded in a partial back gate out of a 4runner, extended the cab about 3 inches, it was ver boss, power slide and all, but the suck part was no real way to trim the interior out easily. Good idea, id love to see it morphed into a datto!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been dreaming of doing this mod as well, mentioned it awhile back. I was planning on using the 4runner stuff, it's good to hear that's been done on a rig before, so I know I'm barking up the right tree. As soon as I make it back to PnP, I'll pull one of the 4runner window regs and walk it over to one of the 620s in the yard, see what kind of fitment/clearance isssues there may be. the way I envisioned it, make a box that bolts to inside of cab so as not to disturb the bodyline outside. I believe it can't be done, and look clean. And you're totally right about the airflow, think how awesome it would be w/ all 3 power windows comin down at freeway speed... hold on to your hairpiece! Thank you for refreshing my drive to pull this off, and if you dive into it, I'd love to watch the build thread.

• Like 1