1998 Subaru RS/STI

So being horder of Datsun parts like I tend to be I had the opportuninty to make that work towards a trade for my new toy...

1998 Subaru RS with a full STI swap 311whp and 291wtq I believe the numbers are. I still need to get it registered but I have had a couple day pass to drive it around, it is SOOO much fun and after trading in my WRX on my GMC 2500HD diesel I missed it, So when this came up I looked at my hording pile of Datsun parts and worked out a trade...

On to the pictures

IMG_6647.jpg

IMG_6644.jpg

IMG_6652.jpg

IMG_6651.jpg

IMG_6649.jpg

IMG_6648.jpg

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

IMG_6654.jpg

I love my garage... :D

IMG_6656.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I love this car and really cant wait to get a few things done to it and take it out to a track day or even an autocross...

Clayton

Thanks guys, I love this car and really cant wait to get a few things done to it and take it out to a track day or even an autocross...

Clayton

Hey BTW, I don't want to get off topic much, though my Datsun is nearly running and as an amateur I've been itching to break into the track-day scene. Since you are local lf you got any basic info about it I'd love to hear it. Thanks! cool.gif

holy poop batman!

thats fucking cool a shit man!

you gonna be dailying this thing? gonna do any interior work?

in any case, looks like a whole hell of alot of fun!

I am thinking of putting some STI seats in and get rid of the race seats(My fat ass BARELY fits in them) and is really stripped so I think carpet would be a pain in the ass to do but for now I am gunna maybe do some autocross or track days with it

what all did you trade for it if you dont mind me asking?

the white 620 and a WHOLE LOT OF PARTS...LOL

the white 620? you had another one other than the one you got from jester?

was it also badass? lol

I really liked it but I wanted a KC instead and I didnt want to part it out and craigslist people suck assholes so it just sat, very early 620 5/72 was the production date and the vin was low 45009 or something like that I cant see them making 45009 620 in may of 72 so I figured it was worth holding on to until I could do something with her or put it in the right hands of someone who wanted to do close to what I wanted

dattofj012.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

i love dattos but that was definatly a good trade now you need a "panda" ae86 and you will have the complete tofu shop fleet :P

Mk24984.jpg

LOL, dont tempt me...

gave my buddy a ride last night in the subby, nothing like 4 wheel slides on boost in second gear around a right hand corner... this thing is a blast to drive just need to find some different seat in the fat guy size my ass barely fits...lol

Damn Clayton, that looks pretty freaking nice! I love the color and the debadged/clean look of it. What kind of seats are you looking to put in it, stockers? Let me know and I'll keep my eyes open for what you're looking for!

Damn Clayton, that looks pretty freaking nice! I love the color and the debadged/clean look of it. What kind of seats are you looking to put in it, stockers? Let me know and I'll keep my eyes open for what you're looking for!

350z seats???? LOL seroiusly I wonder if they would fit?

:wub: OMG, now i have to change my pants - ill brb

Its ok I will wait...lol Thanks :cool:

350z seats???? LOL seroiusly I wonder if they would fit?

LOL...well you know I have a clean set of those, if you're interested let me know...you can try them on for size. I'd give you a good deal :)

Also I was just wondering if you were looking for stockers, I found some stock Subaru OEM seats...I'll PM you the info.

LOL, dont tempt me...

gave my buddy a ride last night in the subby, nothing like 4 wheel slides on boost in second gear around a right hand corner... this thing is a blast to drive just need to find some different seat in the fat guy size my ass barely fits...lol

oh come on you know you want one i know i do :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tntdrg5N1M

LOL...ya with a 20v swap done and it would be very cool...lol

hows is Oregon life treating you, thinking about making that move myself

20v is nice but what about a 1uzfe :D this is what i would build if i had an 86

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6418

DSC_9913.jpg

DSC04837.jpg

oregon life isnt bad things move at a much slower pace up here there isnt alot in this little town that is la pine but you could buy a nice place for rather cheap look into moving to la pine could use some more datto folk around here :D

If and when I move to Oregon I will move to the Salem area couple hours from my family and close to Canby and the gokart track :) and I have friends in and around that area