lowering front end ???????

newkid89

im tryin to figure out how to lower the front end on my 85 nissan i know it has something to do with loosening or tightening the torsion bars can anyone give the specs on how to go about doing this ????? :confused::confused:

any help is appreciated :D

thanks jeff

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is alot of ways to lower the front. the easyest way yes is to turn down the torsions....but this makes for a very bumpy ride and camber issues. but yes turn down the torsions, witch the nuts would be going toward the end of the bolt...(im not sure on the 720s but in the 620 the bolt end is towards the cab and then on my 95 hardbody they went toward the ground.) ALSO make sure they are even..i measured from the ground to the lip of the fender for this

but the best way to lower it is to do drop spindles..they make for a stock ride and a lower truck! plus no camber problems.

...you can always fix camber problems with shims..but most places wont touch it if the suspensions messed with..:D thats just me tho!:D

• 3 years later...

Loosen the locking top nut up out of the way and turn the bottom nut upwards the torsion bar will relax and the front will lower.

torsion_bar.jpg

Any time the front is adjusted for height the tires will increase in negative camber. This places more and more vehicle weight on the inside edge of the tire and wear them out

camber_explanation.jpg

The tires will also toe in. There is severe tire wear and loss of gas mileage.

toe-in-vs-toe-out.jpg

You can lower to a point where the camber simply can't be adjusted out. .

my truck has been lowered with just the torsion bars, but i have postive camber. but from what your saying, lowering it would give me negative?

Has this been verified by an alignment? You might have toe out which can look like positive camber. It also may be that someone has added shims to your upper arms. Usually when lowering you remove them to bring the camber back to stock.

Stock camber on the 620 (which should be the same for the 521) is -1 degree, which is slightly negative camber.

....and wow nice search job to pull up the necro thread :lol:

2eDeYe' date='25 January 2012 - 08:09 AM' timestamp='1327507776' post='619489']

Has this been verified by an alignment? You might have toe out which can look like positive camber. It also may be that someone has added shims to your upper arms. Usually when lowering you remove them to bring the camber back to stock.

Stock camber on the 620 (which should be the same for the 521) is -1 degree, which is slightly negative camber.

....and wow nice search job to pull up the necro thread :lol:

no it has not been verified, just eyeballin it :)