The next episode.

izzo

You can also see its pooling up on the motor bracket.  I can see it spreading all along the oil pan onto the flex plate even.  Checked the oil, it's right at the H mark after 7-800 miles...  Just got home, will check it again tomorrow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ lulz.  I don't either, however....  It must be getting flung up there by the wind??  There is nothing coming down the side of the block indicating a head gasket leak.  Its perfectly clean and dry.  That bracket should be nice and dry, but it keeps getting oil in it.

Go Go throttle return spring!  Bet it doesn't stick anymore lulz.

Also, I can has tunes now.  CD deck, amp, woofers installed.  Need to find a center console for the stereo....  So it's not so getto.  Mowed the yard with a weed eater. What a pain in the dick.

Sometimes the installation of one thing, forces you to upgrade already planned upgrades sooner.

Car has been running fine, with exception of oil leak from oil pan gasket & the auto trans has just always been noisy.

Yesterday I installed my deck, amp, and woofers.  Got that all finished up, and went for a half hour or so drive last night taking kids home and dropping them off.  Car did fine there and back.  Today on the way to work, at the first stop sign. I noticed a slight miss, or cut out.  Then took off and it was fine....  Hit some road construction, and the same thing happened only a little worse.  Get into Gearhart, and its cutting out and spuddering quite a bit now.  Checked fuel level, its good, checked wire connections, clean & tight.  The car was running fine at an idle.  As I sat back down in the car, I realized I installed all that stereo equipment yesterday.  A good new battery is on the list of things to get, as well as installing my ZX IR alt.  I killed the stereo, and headed the rest of the way into work.  Car spittin and spuddering, within 2-3 minutes of the stereo off and cruising down the road spitting and spuddering it cleared up.  I'm guessing it finally charged the battery enough to get 12v at least and run correctly again.  While the externally regulated alternator is new, I don't think 35  amps is ample enough to run the running lights let alone an amp.

So, tonight I will put the yellow top optima in the car, maybe even install the ZX alternator and take it for a spin.  Really wish I would have installed my Voltage gauge so I could have seen what was going on that exact time.  Guess it's time to install that as well. 

oics.....please.... the way your putting things in this car makes me think it may be around longer then 2.5 weeks... :crying:

get a saturn alt too .... best upgrade for 35 bux i ever did......

lol ok ill go take a picture of my engine bay? Lulz.  Yeah this car is going to stick around.  I've got to much time in it to let it go now man.  I've put more time into this wagon then the last 3-4 datsun's ive owned. 

I only run nissan alts.  They are easy to install, require no wire modifications (except of course, the external voltage regulator jump... but for that I just make two wires with spades on each in and plug it into the harness incase I ever want to go back to stock.. no cut wires if possible, ever)  I already have a ZX alt sitting in my living room for the past 6 months. 

^^ yeah, plus its nice to just not cut stock wiring. It's only stock once, and once you cut it, you can't go back. Sure I could re-attach the plug.  But then its ghetto looking.

Oic's just for the shits and gigs purposes.

IMAG0196_zps5e157fd4.jpg
IMAG0195_zpsbc5e6df0.jpg
IMAG0194_zpsdc717eb9.jpg