What is this?

Stupid_fast

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On your profile it says L20B out of car? If it is in the car, fallow the line...:unsure:

As stated, it is for a aftermarket oil pressure gauge, the stock one is electric.

Should be a wire in your engine bay close to the starter that hook onto this.(Round Female end):P

sips171_1.jpg

Stock electric sender.

do u have a after market oil pressure gauge?

No, but the p/o bought this engine as rebuilt. He gave it to me with the car separately so I know very little about it. I just know its a L20b from a truck.

On your profile it says L20B out of car? If it is in the car, fallow the line...:unsure:

As stated, it is for a aftermarket oil pressure gauge, the stock one is electric.

Should be a wire in your engine bay close to the starter that hook onto this.(Round Female end):P

sips171_1.jpg

Stock electric sender.

Ah I forgot to update that, haha! I just dropped the engine in.

The end of the line is the tubing on the right side of that picture, FYI.

OK, so I can just replace this with a proper oil pressure sender + guage and should be good?

first of all he should be using a 510 motor mounts!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats wrong with the manual pressure gauge. Its already hooked up buy a gauge!!!!!!!

Why I say that I bet the adapter in the block is a 1/8 NPT type and not the correct 1/8British Pipe thread. If he takes it out could snap.

Just rouat a new autometer line to a gauge and call it good.

I would but a 90 deg bend in there also face it towrds the fire wall

• Like 1

that stampoed steel pc from the block to the frame mount is from a truck not a 510. If it work I guess its OK. but most people use the 510 stuff.

Ahhh- well, flipped around it works fine. No oil filter clearance issues, do It should be OK.

I ordered an auto meter mechanical oil pressure gauge, should be here friday. Thanks for the help, as always!

or get some copper tubing from the hardware store

DITTO. If you go this route be sure to get a bit extra ( 1.5 feet or so), and put a couple 2-3" dia loops in it between the block and firewall or wherever it's clamped down for expansion and flexion... Copper's way better-n- plastic, and way cheaper than braided SS~ but it will fatigue over time~ usually a LOOONG time! I've got a 1961 Chevy C40 truck out front with the factory copper O/P line still in place.... Just gotta treat it right....

Scott

I braided clith rubber line is the best but Autometer sell the Nylon tubeing and seems to be the best.

The kits at most stores are the Taiwan made plastic lines and they are bad news, They will crack.If you dont have a oil burner leaker I would keep the stock unit on.Or in the car in case line breaks.

A few posts up u told him to slap a mechanical guage on it and be done. :unsure:

When i was young I put a mechanical oil gauge on my 931....about a year later the cheap ass fitting broke off for no good reason and spurted all my oil out in seconds flat.

I drove it about 1.5 miles home without any oil pressure. Only thing I had to replace was the turbo. Them germans build some precision engines.

That won't happen with the stock sender installed properly.

• 1 month later...