May be a stupid question

circa.13

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'77-'79 200SX, '76-'79 620 truck, late 1970s 510. That isn't a complete list of every model the L20b came in, but any of those should work for locating parts. Most parts listings will include L20b in the description, since there is overlap in some model Datsuns of L18 to L20. Yeah, you go into the parts place asking for Datsun parts, but can't give them a year, they think you are a moron. Unless the parts guy knows Datsuns, then they understand Datsuns seldom have the original engine. Why have a Datsun if you can't screw around sticking a different engine in it?

Len

'77-'79 200SX, '76-'79 620 truck, late 1970s 510. That isn't a complete list of every model the L20b came in, but any of those should work for locating parts. Most parts listings will include L20b in the description, since there is overlap in some model Datsuns of L18 to L20. Yeah, you go into the parts place asking for Datsun parts, but can't give them a year, they think you are a moron. Unless the parts guy knows Datsuns, then they understand Datsuns seldom have the original engine. Why have a Datsun if you can't screw around sticking a different engine in it?

Len

I'm going to eventually do the KA swap but for now I've been driving my Datsun to work and back for the time being. It looks like the previous owner at one point just RTV the whole oil pan instead of using a gasket. :/ So I'm getting a weird leak.

Felpro has gaskets.

go to O rileys website and write in felpro in the blank then dial in your model car.71 510. then take the number to your local O rileys and have them order it for you you just order it yourself.

if real specf then you need to know what head you have on the car like U67 W58 ect as this might determine intake gasket if round or sqaure port.

But really you should know this by now and not even think of worrying about a KA till you can figure out wat you have.

as for oil pan gasket leak ,where is it leaking? Some times a oil sender may leak and make it look like a pan gasket. or you have a rear mani oil seal leaking btween the motor and trans.

The Felpro gaskets are fine I like them. The dealer youll have to wait even longer and thewn deal with a peson that might say OH that aold rig crap. Personally I think the black Felpro valve cover gasker is better. plus I reuse it all the time.

what is that mount for ? on driver side of block.

be honest your pan leaks dont look that bad. also with the trans. I wouldnt worry about it unless you got a big drip on the contrete.

i would pressure wash the block and then ck or the leaks if major, but be honest I wouldnt worry about it. looks like however had it did Ok. I would use only Black RTV and if any very minimal and keep it on the Pan side.

as for the allen maybe he thought it would be faster with a speed handle to get those bolts in. also its only about 5-7 pounds to torq a pan bolt. dont over to it it will squeeze the gasket and split

what is that mount for ? on driver side of block.

be honest your pan leaks dont look that bad. also with the trans. I wouldnt worry about it unless you got a big drip on the contrete.

i would pressure wash the block and then ck or the leaks if major, but be honest I wouldnt worry about it. looks like however had it did Ok. I would use only Black RTV and if any very minimal and keep it on the Pan side.

as for the allen maybe he thought it would be faster with a speed handle to get those bolts in. also its only about 5-7 pounds to torq a pan bolt. dont over to it it will squeeze the gasket and split

Alright I wont worry to much about the leak then. Its not pouring out just spots here and there.

That bracket is for the alternator. I believe it was relocated from the passanger side of the block.

img4587d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img4588z.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 weeks later...