no paint

I noticed alot of folks datsuns with no paint and some surface rust. Dont get me wrong they look great but I thought it was a rolling project till I went to Canby and saw a guy getting his rust pin striped. Now thats hella sick! I loved that. Many other cars were missing paint so now I'm starting to wonder if thats a trend or was he just clowning with the pin stripes? I painted my house and I got these tiny speckles of house paint that the wind misted all over my truck you gotta look close to see it but I cant seem to get it off I'm open to suggestions on that or would love to hear peoples sense of humor about there paint jobs.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its been a big trend for awhile now. started with the whole "rat rod" trend.

1 dig it out of a barn

2 get it running

3 slam it

4 enjoy

im on the fence with the look. some cars pull it off, some dont. i respect the patina a car has earned over the years, but i cant bring myself to leave it like that. to each their own

I like when a rusty car was dug out of a hole and put back on the road rust and all, but I always thought it was a poser move to rust a fairly clean car on purpose.:sick:

I agree... like some hondas with the rusty hood but the rest is in perfect condiition.. either the whole car is patina or its all clean... then its gonna look good...

See my purple 510, i have a hard time doing anythign to her body....she was my first car, and i love looking at her and remembering what it was like 8 years ago.. But that will change after this summer when we are dond painting me and my buddies se-r's, Then my paint booth / garage the purple car will go back in. Im going to buy some more shelving, get boxes, label the boxes and start dissasembling her completly. Just shell with motor. Interior and exterior stuff will all be pulled, And then sand down the lil bit of rust, sand down the rest of the old paint, fix a few lil dents and one lil crease in the fender. And then paint her and she will sit for months drying. Going to go a bit more neon of a purple on her than what she is now to fit the times. But im goign to miss her lil rust bubbles, her paint chunks missing and all those memories when i look at her out there.

I agree... like some hondas with the rusty hood but the rest is in perfect condiition.. either the whole car is patina or its all clean... then its gonna look good...

Usually those hondas with the rusty hood have had a engine fire :) from to much nos.

Its just another finish. Brushed Lacquer, Single stage, Graphics, Pearls, Candies, Metal Flake, Flats (satin), rust. When everything has been done you have to think outside the box. Then if its a hit, it becomes a trend.

I'm tired of the "Get off my lawn!" comments. Just let it be...

... that may be just the equal opportunity pinstriper in me.

Its just another finish. Brushed Lacquer, Single stage, Graphics, Pearls, Candies, Metal Flake, Flats (satin), rust. When everything has been done you have to think outside the box. Then if its a hit, it becomes a trend.

I'm tired of the "Get off my lawn!" comments. Just let it be...

... that may be just the equal opportunity pinstriper in me.

A true artist can see art in everything so I give you props for the equal opportunity pinstriping

• 5 months later...