Carbon fiber supplier? Portland OR/Vancouver WA

Been trying to locate a place to buy carbon fiber, Uv resistant epoxy resin, and all the assorted accessories locally but I'm striking out.

I have to fix my fender since a friend's neighbor backed into it, and I figured I'd skin the fenders, hood, cowl, hood hatches, light buckets, and air dam with CF for something different.

Also, those parts all need to be repainted anyways because of the shitty prep work done by whoever painted it before I got it.

The Honda dicks already pulled the "FAKE & GHEY" card on the idea, but they drive Hondas, so their opinion is invalid.

Anyone know of any good places, especially ones that might give a Ratsun discount?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying to locate a place to buy carbon fiber, Uv resistant epoxy resin, and all the assorted accessories locally but I'm striking out.

I have to fix my fender since a friend's neighbor backed into it, and I figured I'd skin the fenders, hood, cowl, hood hatches, light buckets, and air dam with CF for something different.

Also, those parts all need to be repainted anyways because of the shitty prep work done by whoever painted it before I got it.

The Honda dicks already pulled the "FAKE & GHEY" card on the idea, but they drive Hondas, so their opinion is invalid.

Anyone know of any good places, especially ones that might give a Ratsun discount?

If you are going to bother getting the resin you might as well vacuum bag the carbon fiber and just make the parts.

If you are going to bother getting the resin you might as well vacuum bag the carbon fiber and just make the parts.

I wouldn't know where to begin to make honest-to-god entire parts in the size of hoods and fenders, let alone with all the flanges and bolt holes and such. Any good guides or books you could suggest?

Looking at all the links provided, Composite Envisions seems to have some pretty good prices ($30/yd on 10+ yards 2x2 CF twill) and decent shipping. Im curious about this resin.

http://compositeenvisions.com/epoxy-and-polyester-resins-65/2-1-two-part-thin-epoxy-resin-system-kit-1-5-gallons-536.html

It doesn't seem to mention if it is UV resistant or not. I've been researching resins, and epoxy seems the way to go, but not all epoxies are UV resistant. I'd imagine theirs is, but anyone know for sure?

I'll also call TAP and see if they carry the fabric and such; I know they have the epoxies at least.

Thank you everyone.

P.S. I love the fact this forum is actually alive with people. Last couple I've been on, its either just a handful of people talking smack or days between replies.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I am an asshat

I love your term too!! I actually do alot more then Vehicle Wraps, but other Datsun owners said I should post that service and inform the rest of you... I failed at my first forum post but people live and learn... I was going to post up more but decided not to due to negativity...

My marketing skills now, if only you knew me personally... They just landed my shop to build one of the Hero Cars for Transformers 4... I must be doing something wrong to be doing so much kickass work LOL... Nobody said I can't be an AssHat myself either though... I still love all my datsuns and negative trash talk only makes me pursue bigger and better jobs!!

You going to the 2011 Vegas SEMA Show this year?? I'm also doing a spotlight interview for "My Classic Car" for Speed Network so I recommend if your in the auto customizing biz... Stand in the backround with a big Hater Sign... You'll get me even more business yo!!

The rest of you Check out my shop page on Facebook since I haven't touched that old school myspace page in years http://facebook.com/...lassperformance

I love your term too!! I actually do alot more then Vehicle Wraps, but other Datsun owners said I should post that service and inform the rest of you... I failed at my first forum post but people live and learn... I was going to post up more but decided not to due to negativity...

My marketing skills now, if only you knew me personally... They just landed my shop to build one of the Hero Cars for Transformers 4... I must be doing something wrong to be doing so much kickass work LOL... Nobody said I can't be an AssHat myself either though... I still love all my datsuns and negative trash talk only makes me pursue bigger and better jobs!!

You going to the 2011 Vegas SEMA Show this year?? I'm also doing a spotlight interview for "My Classic Car" for Speed Network so I recommend if your in the auto customizing biz... Stand in the backround with a big Hater Sign... You'll get me even more business yo!!

The rest of you Check out my shop page on Facebook since I haven't touched that old school myspace page in years http://facebook.com/...lassperformance

No need to get butt hurt over the negativity. I only had your presentation from your MySpace page to go by, and seriously, go look at it; from a professional appearance point of view, it is a train wreck. Then again, you're target market is the "tuner" realm, and judging by tuner mags, the bright flashy in your face marketing style is in, along with scantily clad bitches all over advertised products.

The fact still remains, I'm looking for info on good deals on carbon fiber and supplies.

No need to get butt hurt over the negativity. I only had your presentation from your MySpace page to go by, and seriously, go look at it; from a professional appearance point of view, it is a train wreck. Then again, you're target market is the "tuner" realm, and judging by tuner mags, the bright flashy in your face marketing style is in, along with scantily clad bitches all over advertised products.

The fact still remains, I'm looking for info on good deals on carbon fiber and supplies.

I'm not butthurt at all LOL... I just did a search on here to see hows the datsun community and I should just delete that myspace page since I never update it anyway... My main clients are AMG owners and Higher end vehicles and Yachts and Airplanes... Tuners cant really afford my shops prices... LOL

I do real composites and vacuum moldings as well... I get all my supplies from RevChem Plastics in Tacoma, WA but because of the SEMA Show is why I also do vehicle wraps... Personally I'm not really even into the carbon wraps but its great to supply those that can't afford the real thing...

Hopefully RevChem helps you out yo! BTW... SEX SELLS!!

I'm not butthurt at all LOL... I just did a search on here to see hows the datsun community and I should just delete that myspace page since I never update it anyway... My main clients are AMG owners and Higher end vehicles and Yachts and Airplanes... Tuners cant really afford my shops prices... LOL

I do real composites and vacuum moldings as well... I get all my supplies from RevChem Plastics in Tacoma, WA but because of the SEMA Show is why I also do vehicle wraps... Personally I'm not really even into the carbon wraps but its great to supply those that can't afford the real thing...

Hopefully RevChem helps you out yo! BTW... SEX SELLS!!

Sex does indeed sell. Which is funny because it's illegal to sell sex. huh.gif

I wasn't thinking the carbon-vinyl wraps, but actual carbon over the metal. Although, I think if I could figure out how to do the fenders and make the molds, they'd be a pretty huge seller. I'll give RevChem a look up. Thank you.

P.S. It's awesome that you were able to establish yourself at such a financially elevated tier in the shop world; so many shops, even when they do good work, get nickel and dimed to death because they can never increase their prices even as they get more established.