Can't get drums off!!!

KA620KC

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah I backed off the adjusters. I'm thinking its stuck on the center hub. I even tried spraying some pb blaster on there hoping it would soak in. I'll try backing off the adjusters even more i guess. But the drums spin very freely and don't have any drag that I can hear or feel.

get some bolts, maybe 4in long, 8mmx1.25 thread pitch (ie metric) i thinkkkkk

there should be two threaded holes on the drum near the wheel studs, insert your bolts into them and torque them up. as they go in, they should press the drum outward. make sure you tighten them together (ie a bit of one, a bit of the other, repeat) :)

Guest DatsuNoob

^^^^ word. I dont know why so many people have problems with getting em off. Just tighten up those bolts evenly and it will pop it right off. Doing mine right naow as a matter of fact :lol:

• Like 1

Did you buy them dinner first?

Mine were way rusted against the hub too.

I tried every normal thing first. Hammer. Back adjusters out. Nothing.

I ended up using a big 2 jaw puller.

Did the trick.

When I had the drums in my lap, I used a metal wheel and die grinder to clean the hole in drum and hub surface.

They slide right off every time now.

40 years of rust and neglect make for a long, and dirty day.

Help!!! I tried for about an hour to pull my rear drums off and they are just freakin stuck on there!!! And NO my parking brake was not on. I just cannot seem to pull them off. Anyone got any other suggestions to remove them??

I'm having the same problem too!

Tried the bolts, stripped out, heated the face of the drum aroud the lugs with a torch, nothing, runinng the car up on jack stands, set the passenger side flying but drivers side still stuck.

Gusee I need a bigger hammer, or a big two jaw puller and new backig plate onec I destroy it!