610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

custom front end using a modified 620 grill custom side skirts and roll pan with dual exhaust left hand drive and with the 3 square tail lights but no center chome dot so early 74 guessing by what its doing i would bet its still an l series probibly an L18rather intresting car ive though about maybe making a 620 grill work on my car but now that i see it on this car i dont like it

looking at it again the front fenders are spliced together the back sections are definatly 610 but if you stop the video at 22 seconds you can see the body line along the top of the fenders stop midway along the fender and the grill matches perfectly it wouldnt do that with 610 fenders especially 74 fenders hood also looks spliced together using the front section of a 620 with little bits cut off at the corners and the rear section of the 610 hood definatly a unique car

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

610SSS: Does that mean there will be a turbo L18 for sale soon??? :o :D

Sure does, Im gonna clean it up abit and sell it complete motor/box/turbo setup. Sort of hoping it doesnt sell so i can keep it for my next datto. :hyper:

Well, the car has sold.

http://home.comcast.net/~suchy3072/Page610/610sale.html

The new owner decided to spring for the turbo conversion option.

So now I am underway with the work, hoping to have it done in less than 2 months.

It will hit 300hp at the wheels with a Garrett GT2871R.

It will be residing in Northern California, hopefully the new owner will take it to a few local gatherings for you guys down there to enjoy.

Picked my Fj20 up today guys, Il post pics soonish :cool:

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

FUCK YEAH!!

I think this thread is gonna need NWS in the title soon from the amount of p0rn in it now!

I've just bent my worked, 180RWKW, CA18DET S13 so tossing up whether to fix her or if the datto should go DOHC.....

610SSS, let me know how much if you decide to sell the L18, have a 720 with a blown head sitting around if the datto gets the CA.....

Well, the car has sold.

http://home.comcast.net/~suchy3072/Page610/610sale.html

The new owner decided to spring for the turbo conversion option.

So now I am underway with the work, hoping to have it done in less than 2 months.

It will hit 300hp at the wheels with a Garrett GT2871R.

It will be residing in Northern California, hopefully the new owner will take it to a few local gatherings for you guys down there to enjoy.

this post depresses me :(

I think this thread is gonna need NWS in the title soon from the amount of p0rn in it now!

I've just bent my worked, 180RWKW, CA18DET S13 so tossing up whether to fix her or if the datto should go DOHC.....

610SSS, let me know how much if you decide to sell the L18, have a 720 with a blown head sitting around if the datto gets the CA.....

What did ya bend in the CA? Chuck it and get a fj :P

What did ya bend in the CA? Chuck it and get a fj :P

Nah, didn't bend anything in the CA, i crashed my silvia which has a worked CA in it, the motor is still in perfect nik. Im getting sick of spending money on that bloody car so i've been thinking about stripping the car and using the engine in the SSS.

Nah, didn't bend anything in the CA, i crashed my silvia which has a worked CA in it, the motor is still in perfect nik. Im getting sick of spending money on that bloody car so i've been thinking about stripping the car and using the engine in the SSS.

do it i wanna see a ca18det in a 610 bay by tomorrow :D

do it i wanna see a ca18det in a 610 bay by tomorrow :D

x2, Do it.

Will be afew more turbo datto's on the road soon, A mate has his fj20 510/1600 almost finshed, Just needs engineering and past over pits. And his mate had a green sR20 510/1600. :thumbup:

Just uploaded a vid to you tube of my 610 the day after i brought it, Doing alittle circle thanks to the 4.11 locker and l18t

EDIT: Had to copy them off myspace as my comp crashed awhile back and i lost the vids but hey still looks good LOL!

I just picked up a CA18DET for cheap, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Anybody throw one in a 610 yet? Any suggestions on how much of a pain it is? I'm not sure that I want to go through a motor swap on it, it's supposed to be my daily, and I already have a 4 speed and dual SU's lined up for it. Not sure that I want to start collecting parts for it when I'm happy with the direction it's going now. Just depends on how hard the swap is I guess, and what else I'm going to need.

Any info on this would be helpful.

Scott

from what i hear its not a terribly difficult swap just like with the sr flip the x member and bolt it in i would think that its probibly a direct bolt in with the 610 after the xmember flip due to the car having a longer transmission then the 510 when compression did his ka swap he used the stock crossmember just set it in the holes furthest back

I just picked up a CA18DET for cheap, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Anybody throw one in a 610 yet? Any suggestions on how much of a pain it is? I'm not sure that I want to go through a motor swap on it, it's supposed to be my daily, and I already have a 4 speed and dual SU's lined up for it. Not sure that I want to start collecting parts for it when I'm happy with the direction it's going now. Just depends on how hard the swap is I guess, and what else I'm going to need.

Any info on this would be helpful.

Scott

I thinking the same with my 610, Its already got a turbo L18 and i just got a fj20et. Now i dont know if i wanna go through the headfuck of doing the conversion right now, Im think about getting the l18 running again and doing the fj20 conversion when i have more room as its in a pretty tight space atm.

I thinking the same with my 610, Its already got a turbo L18 and i just got a fj20et. Now i dont know if i wanna go through the headfuck of doing the conversion right now, Im think about getting the l18 running again and doing the fj20 conversion when i have more room as its in a pretty tight space atm.

well whatever you dont use weather its the l18 turbo stuff or the fj sed it to me :P

Anybody know of an alternative for the dash lights? I have a couple of those light sockets missing and a few have broken tabs. Are they still available? Or is there any other car I can get them or a suitable replacement from?

Thanks

Scott