610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goin to try and give Adam Carolla a run for his money and bring out the blue 73 610 Rebello Racing machine to JCCS :eek:

It's a bit more rough around the edges than the BS one that he has, but oh well, it's a race car, not a museum piece...:lol:

Just got a new red top Optima batt for it and going to change the old leaky braided fuel lines that run from the fuel cell through the car pass compartment to the carb.

No fun to have race fuel spewing all over inside the car while it is running! :eek:

Will retain the old rusty flowmaster muffler which still sounds tough as nails!

Maybe get rid of some spider webs too!

Last year I made the mistake of registering as a Bluebird U with the 180B SSS Datto and got sardined in with the 510's! Maybe if enough 610's show, they could have a 610 section some day?

610 untied!!!

dropping out of JCCS, 610 not gonna make it. takin' my daily goon. layed off a month ago when the plant shut down, got another job and walked out a week in, after getting into a fight with the stupid ass scratcher owner/boss that CANNOT TATTOO, NOR APPRENTICED, NOR EVEN EVER WORKED ANYWHERE EXCEPT HIS KITCHEN SKRATCHIN AND SKARRING UNDERAGE DRUNKEN TEENS!!! true story, and i quote "owning a shop gets me laid," whatta jerk, and still haven't found another job nor a shop that's got an open chair.

monies all dried up after dealing with all that coupled with bad luck in incorrect parts from my supplier, having the wheel shop crack my set of 14x9 slot mags and not willing to replace them and the BBB is takin their sweet time. now i'm sitting on a half finished lump waiting on gaskets, fuel lines, suspension convo, brake rebuild, bodywork, tires, wheels, electrical, seats, interior and tlc. looks like the choppin' block real soon, mowing lawns to pay for the parts to finish it up and as soon as it fires it's on craig's and the sale boards here and JNC... unless i hit the friggin lottry. thanks for listening, trying hard to save the green weenur!

"things are tough all over"

cheers

Edited by sliding_creep
forgot nifty header :D
610 untied!!!

dropping out of JCCS, 610 not gonna make it. takin' my daily goon. layed off a month ago when the plant shut down, got another job and walked out a week in, after getting into a fight with the stupid ass scratcher owner/boss that CANNOT TATTOO, NOR APPRENTICED, NOR EVEN EVER WORKED ANYWHERE EXCEPT HIS KITCHEN SKRATCHIN AND SKARRING UNDERAGE DRUNKEN TEENS!!! true story, and i quote "owning a shop gets me laid," whatta jerk, and still haven't found another job nor a shop that's got an open chair.

monies all dried up after dealing with all that coupled with bad luck in incorrect parts from my supplier, having the wheel shop crack my set of 14x9 slot mags and not willing to replace them and the BBB is takin their sweet time. now i'm sitting on a half finished lump waiting on gaskets, fuel lines, suspension convo, brake rebuild, bodywork, tires, wheels, electrical, seats, interior and tlc. looks like the choppin' block real soon, mowing lawns to pay for the parts to finish it up and as soon as it fires it's on craig's and the sale boards here and JNC... unless i hit the friggin lottry. thanks for listening, trying hard to save the green weenur!

cheers

dont sell it man it can sit on the back burner but dont sell it you will regret it forever what do you need to help complete it anything suspension wise? i have alot of parts let me know what you need ill see what i can do just dont sell her man :(

...looks like the choppin' block real soon, mowing lawns to pay for the parts to finish it up and as soon as it fires it's on craig's and the sale boards here and JNC... unless i hit the friggin lottry. thanks for listening, trying hard to save the green weenur!

cheers

Don't sell it. Trust me, you will regret it. I will give you a story to think about:

I came home on leave in 2004 from my time in Iraq. I went to my parent's house and went out to the back and saw my "ol' Betsy" - Rust in places I didn't remember. Parts stacked to the roof line on the inside. Dirty windows. Flat tires. I looked her in her four hazy headlights and said that maybe it was time for her to go on to a better place. Someone who would care about her and fix her up right. I sent an email to an old friend, someone who I knew would have her best interests at heart. I checked my email every day, twice a day to ensure I wouldn't miss the chance to give my sedan a new lease on life.

By the time my leave was over, I had not heard anything. I went back to Germany and worried what she would look like when I got back home for good. I would visit the car when I would come home on leave for the next two years. More rust. Tires with even less air. But I had some new resolve. I had realized something: She had been there waiting for me patiently, and I was ready to kick her to the curb. I started when I go back to Germany, I started buying parts and sending them home to my parents. I told dad to just put them off to the side so I could start working on the car when I got back. Now I am pleased to report that the body is nearly done, and I have no regrets. And funny, I asked my friend if he ever got the email. His reply "What email...?"

I lost my job recently, and I now have more time than money. Times are rough everywhere, but having my my sedan to think about gets me through. The thought of her completed puts a smile on my face.

thanks for the support fellars! i'm just waiting to see what happens, not holding my breath. i did have fun with the 610, though in retrospect, i can't say i'm all too attached as it was a problem child. owning a car that has been nonop the majority share of the time owned gives me perspective and the ability to sell it without too much regret. after all there are tons of 610's out there, as well as other cars that do deserve time and effort to become something what passion for the hobby intended. thanks again!

cheers

:Dif you're in need of great custom modern electric tattoo work that's virtually painless in the southern california area, please contact ol' sliding_creep!!!:D

Edited by sliding_creep
i forgot how to spall wurdz
thanks for the support fellars! i'm just waiting to see what happens, not holding my breath. i did have fun with the 610, though in retrospect, i can't say i'm all too attached as it was a problem child. owning a car that has been nonop the majority share of the time owned gives me perspective and the ability to sell it without too much regret. after all there are tons of 610's out there, as well as other cars that do deserve time and effort to become something what passion for the hobby intended. thanks again!

cheers

:Dif you're in need of great custom modern electric tattoo work that's virtually painless in the southern california area, please contact ol' sliding_creep!!!:D

Sell it... get an 810 Sedan! :love: ;)

after all there are tons of 610's out there,

not nessisarrily true i havent seen any in the area im in the one i found was due to the close knit ratsun community

as for the ink work i would love to but your to far away :(

:D good stuff! when i land in a shop again or get a paycheck, whether i sell greenie or not, i'll find another car just as badasss if not cooler. i have faith and besides, this damn datto disease is impossible to shake! as a matter of fact i have been diagnosed with the sedan strain. a horribly dissabilitating ailment only cured by a longer wheelbase and more doors... possibly even two extra cylinders;) (damn triplS's, 2000GT's and 810's!) i do love my maxima! kept me sane whilst my 610's been sitting:(. needless to say, i appreciate the support! thanks again!

cheers

P.S. moi, no sweat! i have done ol' MM in 8-bit style and even the box cover art as well as several other game characters through the years! i'd be honoured to do your first one once i get a chair at a place that's not completely filled with jackarses :D

as a matter of fact i have been diagnosed with the sedan strain. a horribly dissabilitating ailment only cured by a longer wheelbase and more doors...

You know, the 610 sedan weighs less than the 610 coupe. That (among many other reasons) is why I love my 610 :D

I understand your plight. But, you don't need some "Jesse's Girl" syndrome later. Lets say you sell the car. You see her months later, loving the new owner, and you get jealous. Believe me, I know. I have a car right now that I miss, and she's getting treated not as well as I would treat her...:mellow:

There is life after Datsun's!

I know it is hard to imagine, but its true!

This may be true, but having one of the nicest (IMHO) 610s around, it is hard to fathom why you would want to sell it. If you have another project idea waiting in the wings, I can say I understand.

I guess this means no more Datsun brake conversion advice...?

spread the word. She is clean, sorted and ready to please.

this may be true but you have put so much of yourself into that car i could never sell the one i just built i guess some people bond with macines more then others

To me, it is more about having a vision, then building the car to your vision. After it is done, you enjoy it for a while, then move on.

The build process is the fun part for me.

I am not dying, yes you can still consult me for brake conversion stuff. I will continue to sell the rear disc conversion brackets.

Yes I do have big plans that involve another car and my career, not a datsun though....

To me, it is more about having a vision, then building the car to your vision. After it is done, you enjoy it for a while, then move on.

The build process is the fun part for me.

I am not dying, yes you can still consult me for brake conversion stuff. I will continue to sell the rear disc conversion brackets.

Yes I do have big plans that involve another car and my career, not a datsun though....

I understand. I have a friend right now thinking the same thing. He keeps his '50 Plymouth only because he hasn't picked the next project. I am sure I am speaking for all of us by saying "Thank You" for keeping the technical support going for your product. I have still to install the brackets myself. Have the directions and pics downloaded for when the time comes. And I look forward to the finished product when all is said and done.

spread the word. She is clean, sorted and ready to please.

Life after Datsun's? :eek:

The only way to seperate me from a Datsun 610 is either to pry me from a wreckage of one or by death! :lol:

I guess I am just a die-hard 610 Fanatic! It started when I was a child and grew in to an obsession.

Let's face it my friends, the 610's are the oddball misfits which of course is why they are so cool and rare and unique also. Speaking from my own personal experience, I seem to think that they go well with someone who is similar to the car and likes to be different from the pack. :D

i still own it, but that will change soon:( the sadness is so great i washed my car in tears!

100_4487.jpg

stupid photobukket!

100_4491.jpg

100_4492.jpg

100_4497-1.jpg

i'm still hoping that i find work, things are looking up, somewhat. i've owned more cars than socks in my life, and i've never had so much fun driving and building than with my 610! if it does hafta go, i'll be dissapointed. though i think there are other datsuns i will enjoy. as a matter of fact i already know that my goon will be chasing more parts in the near future for a datsun "skunkwerks" project:D

cheers

Edited by sliding_creep