Datsuns rolling?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, I'm still thinking 9 o'clock Bill. As for the A&W, I'll probably be bringing my lunch. My ass can't handle trucker food! :D

Okay, I see a Space Age Fuel truck stop looking thing, but it's on the 207 heading towards I-84. Is that the one you're talking about, or is there another? Looks like you can get off somewhere and catch 207, might be easier to take 82 to 84 then backtrack 2 miles.

Speaking of backtracking, the Stonehenge replica WWI memorial is in Maryhill, WA, and I definitely think if we're on the OR side of the Columbia headed to Canby, we need to take the 5 miles out of the way and get a picture of all of us at the Stonehenge site. It's tradition, or something! ;)

http://www.takemytrip.com/06glacier/06_07a.htm

Thats the one, its right off the freeway. 82 to 84 get off exit 182 and its on North side of fwy :D

I don't do a whole lot of trucker food either. I pack a cooler with me during the week full of decent stuff. Gotta watch my figure :lol:

Sweet! That'll work for a rendezvous point.

Hey Bill, do you still jump on the side of your truck and shake it while yelling "Fat kid playing!" :rofl:

Oh yeah, and I did have fun climbing on cars with the 4x4 Ford! I think that was your old yard rig actually. White 90's Ford cut truck? Went out to 24 doing some burnouts, climbing some scrap cars. Fun shit. They're way past 24 in rows now and Levoy finally retired.

Yea that was one of my old trucks......good ol pos LOL....yea when fat kids play shit goes down! So much fun! I miss razzin the brothers barlow and fucking around in yard rigs, scoping on parts and looking at girls that come in.....that was the bonus about imports........say what you want about them faggy ricer losers, they have some top shelf girlfriends!!

Oregon laws... No texting while driving, no talking on phone unless its a hands free device... Either a blue tooth device, or since i had an AUX port on my phone, would just hook my phone into the stereo and if/when i made calls or w/e i could hear it thru the speakers, they could hear me too. technically, its hands free :D

Why don't you guys just stop by walmart and pick up some handheld family band radios? They're like $20 for 2 of them and they work great for all our convoy trips. Plus you don't have to mount anything on your car. Toss in some batteries and you're good to go. If you buy the ones with rechargeable batteries, make sure you bring an inverter so you can charge them back up. A set of standard batteries last about 8 hours of talk time, so you'll need a set for the way down and a set for the way back. Keep in mind also, the more you spend, the better range they can get. We use them every where we go. Way cheaper and easier than than CB's, and you can also use them when you're at the show too, to communicate.

Why don't you guys just stop by walmart and pick up some handheld family band radios? They're like $20 for 2 of them and they work great for all our convoy trips. Plus you don't have to mount anything on your car. Toss in some batteries and you're good to go. If you buy the ones with rechargeable batteries, make sure you bring an inverter so you can charge them back up. A set of standard batteries last about 8 hours of talk time, so you'll need a set for the way down and a set for the way back. Keep in mind also, the more you spend, the better range they can get. We use them every where we go. Way cheaper and easier than than CB's, and you can also use them when you're at the show too, to communicate.

That might be a better idea, but I like having a cb mic and big antenna and saying, "Break for Bandit, this is Snowman, you got your ears on son, c'mon back!" Because it's just SOOOOOO badass! :D

Ok, so been getting excited obviously, and doing a few things to the truck to get ready for the trip! Here are some oic's!

Painted the grille and polished my rings! 2011-06-06_13-56-55_797.jpg

Side shot, wish you could see the 4 wheel disc better but its there! Stopping rules! 2011-06-06_13-57-37_845.jpg

Steamcleaned Plaid seat? I think so!! 2011-06-06_13-57-12_498.jpg

Upgraded to amber turn signals and led lights, looking good Mang! 2011-06-06_13-58-00_780.jpg

Alrighty then! Found out the ceremony I was going to go to for my cousin's graduation (there's like 3 of them) is at 1 o clock on Sunday, not 4 o clock. So I'd have to leave like 11am to get down there. Figured I just might as well go to the 9am graduation ceremony on Monday then, that way I can leave around 4ish on Sunday after everything's probably died down anyway.

Bill, when are you heading back to Idaho? If you're going Monday, I'm planning on leaving Eugene around 12pm or so. Probably won't get back to Spokane until 9pm or thereabouts, then work the next day, but oh well. No sense in cutting Sunday short at the Datsun meet on my vacation.

I'm actually thinking I may take a scenic drive along the oceanside on the way to Eugene. It's not really on the way then, but it's only a 3 hour detour. Figuring hanging a right at Albany, through Corvallis, over to Waldport, then down to Florence, then back over to Eugene. I think I can afford another 221 miles. We'll see how the funds are holding out when I get there. Might have a little from selling stuff hopefully too.

We are thinking of leaving monday matt, my best friend I grew up with lives down in salem, thinking about crashin there sunday night then rolling out hard monday, taking our time getting back up to the canadian border here in idaho LOL. Funds willing anyhow, we have a few things presold that we are bringing, and i made some extra fun money this week, so things should be good..........I am hoping the potluck style feeding while camping goes good, and if I dont try to take a barfly home to the tent I think I will be doing amazing $ wise LOL.

I cant even explain how excited and completely beat I am right now..........just hammerin shit out on the 620. feeling good and she is gonna run superb! I am working on smoking some ribs, roast for bbq beef sandies and pork for pulled bbq pork sandies!! GOnna be a great time buddy cant wait to see you again too, its been too long huh?

Bill

No doubt, I may not even recognize you! ;) I'll help you not take a barfly home, unless of course there's one for me! :D We can hide our wallets, they probably won't go after spare Datsun parts! Hehe.

LOL I look about the same, fat ol idaho kid whos 30 now...........damn its been like 6 years since i worked at spaldings lol. We will wingman it up for sure. I am really hoping for a good time to be had by all! I have a feeling that old friends will be seen and lots of new ones made, with lots of oic's for proof LOL. I am more stoked about the road trip though, especially the more dattos we can get to roll with us right?

Bill

LOL I look about the same, fat ol idaho kid whos 30 now...........damn its been like 6 years since i worked at spaldings lol. We will wingman it up for sure. I am really hoping for a good time to be had by all! I have a feeling that old friends will be seen and lots of new ones made, with lots of oic's for proof LOL. I am more stoked about the road trip though, especially the more dattos we can get to roll with us right?

Bill

i could not have said it any better

Damn straight! You remember Josh from Spaldings, used to work wholesale, fucked every chick in a 500 mile radius? He's driving truck now, see him from time to time when him or his dad came into NAPA. He's a big boy, packed on that trucker weight. Still a nice guy, though I haven't seen him since I worked at the main store I don't think. Saw his dad when I was at the Airway Heights store.

Yea, with a cb you can talk to truckers and get smokey reports lol! Bringing back my cb handle after all these years? I'm thinkin so!

Ya I hate to tell you but, cbs arn't all "smokey and the bandit" anymore. Maybe its just me cuz I hear all the crap that is on them every day. Truckers are like Hondas, mostly good but the few douchebags out there just ruin it for everyone. Sorry to burst your bubble :( . CBs are still a cool idea tho. I'm not throwin in my extra so you'll just hafta call or text me :D