project " TA DAH!"

oi oi. ts diesel. i finally managed to get me a datsun. wanted a 510 but got a 521 instead. been trollin thru this forum for a few months readin and learnin. i found this 521 in woodinville wa. its been sittin for ten years in some dudes property and he just wanted it gone. got it towed to my shop and tinkered cleaned out the cab and pulled the seat to see how bad the floor was. rusted thru on both sides. got the engine running but i need to fix some vaccum leaks and clean out the fuel tank. i gots a bit of works ahead of me. but here it is. for now im just going to fix it up so it road legal and use it for my daily. and some day put something with twin turbos under the hood.2011-05-21_19-50-17_301.jpg2011-05-21_19-59-10_101.jpg

2011-05-21_19-59-32_533.jpg2011-05-21_19-59-47_31.jpg

2011-05-21_19-59-55_468.jpg2011-05-21_20-00-09_553.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pulled the fenders this morning around 7am. managed to save the mounting plates for the headlights by drillin out the rusty ass screws. yay for not cuttin them. ill get pics up tomorrow when the photo develops...... i have been thinking of paint alot lately. i think im going to keep it black but paint the engine bay red as well as inside cab. paint the mighty max rims red with black/ maybe white lug nuts. i def. want white walls. i love me some white walls. and put a monster claw green logo on the passenger side from hood to fender. maybe some of my "galactic empire" stencil from high school. rattle can all they way........

Hey, if that steering wheel will fit my 1971 510, I'd love to have it. My horn section is missing :( and all the plastic covering the steel part of the wheel is chipping off like crazy. I'd gladly pay for shipping if it's not too costly. it'd be nice to be able to have a horn.