• Racer?
    • other? make suggestions

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, i was happy to see the interior was black and not tan

do you still have the dog dish hub caps that came with these?

I have the honey comb hub caps in my garage...I offered them in the parts for sale thread for trade but no takers

• 9 months later...

so0 i have a question? should i try to keep the HoneyBee as original as posable? or try to make it into more of a racer? Is the value of the bee likely to be affected by replacing the original fenders and such? does numbers matching type stuff matter in the Japanese Classic Market?

Forget the $ factor, you rarely get back what you put in . Well ive seen people doit, we all have, ive allways gotten cars i want to keep. Or need parts from...

The "honey bee" thing is just a good marketing tactic, and it works.

But the truth is if the AVERAGE person was looking to buy one, between a true honey bee and a fully loaded b210 with honey bee decals , almost everyones going to go with the clone.

Well my initial answer is to keep it stock. (Though keeping the hubcaps and wheels in the garage is fine!) It is rare to find a real bee unmolested. You are almost a history keeper. Any other b-210, go crazy with it.

But that is also kind of a boring answer. My next thought is to make mods but make them pretty reversible. Keep everything. Don't sell those hubcaps!

I am in the same boat with my 1959 l210. I got it to make it a fenderless hotrod! But it is so original, down to the 'hubcaps' and now I can't do it. Or any mods I do will be easily reversed. Heck the engine has only 21k! I have half a mind to pull the engine to keep it preserved. But the swap would be a bolt in. If it were rusty and incomplete, I would have gone hog wild! (And might get a second to do just that.)

• 4 weeks later...

IMAG0132.jpg

got all the new parts for the dash installed thanks to eric from Washington, does anybody have a dash top the want to part with?

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

also got a new exhaust from the manifold all the way back. 2 in with turbo exhaust muffler , sounds great runs better and a decent HP gain as a bonus!