Laguna Seca Datsuns

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 710 is running a 2.4?

I imagine the 710 has a LZ24 ,,,,, or a bored 2.4 L-series .......... ... . it kept driving by me off in the distance

........ I never got a good look at it..... .. :hmm:

That 710 is Troys old car it is a L20b with 50mm webers, very fast car in the right hands Troy qualified top 5 in the big bore class (yes big bore... corvettes,mustangs and such) last year at Infineon before he sold it... I found that car on Craigslist a few years back and told Troy about it and he bought it and brought it back to it former racing glory with some very cool suspension updates ;)

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks for posting all this stuff up. It's making me really homesick though. I love Laguna. I some of the best days of my life down there. It looks like it was a really nice day too. For many years the IMSA races were in April and usually everything is green and the wild flowers are blooming. Was this A SCCA event?

This guy gets passed by Troy E. at 1:33 ....... . :lol: ...... passed by the white 510 at "4:24",,, that's where it starts to get good for a minute

then he gets passed by the yellow 510 at 7:37

man shows you how slow he was going (and how fast troy was going!)

looks like he was early apexing most turns

Wow, you really got your fill of Datsuns, didn't ya? And great links to the YouTubes and pro pics. Sorry we didn't get to spend time talking, but it looks like we were both a bit busy, eh?

The Wagon had a good wknd, finished 7th overall in the Small-Bore Final race Sunday. The 510s out front sure were fast, maybe next year... Ermish was down in the 1:42s, I got down in the 1:48s. During Saturday's Qualifying race I got punted in T2 by a Porsche 356 Super 90, he ran out of talent and real estate about the same time during an over ambitious inside pass attempt. We both continued and had a beer over it afterwards ;-)

20+ Datsuns converged for this event, the most I've ever seen. It wasn't even planned, several different clubs were in attendance and just happened to bring all their D-cars.

Wow, you really got your fill of Datsuns, didn't ya?

Never enough Datsuns .... . . :lol: ........ . . . I'm glad I got all those pics of your wagon before the door dents ,,, it was SO CLEAN and perfect

.... .. next time I will say I'm press for Ratsun.net ....... . .and sign the insurance waiver to get on the other side of the fence ...... :D

I just got an e-mail back from the director of the SFR SCCA ...... .. he was standing next to me at the corkscrew corner

..... and here are some of his better pics:

fd58.jpg

fd52.jpg

fd50.jpg

fd51.jpg

fd57.jpg

fd54.jpg

fd55.jpg

fd56.jpg

fd9.jpg

fd7.jpg