Laguna Seca Datsuns

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, super pics and video. I'm going to steel a couple for my web site if thats OK! Troy btw, I lost a brake line and shot straight off the track into the gravel in those pics....man I got lucky it happened in turn 2!

Hey, lol, who won on Sunday?!?

Hey, lol, who won on Sunday?!?

1st Mickey Cohen (SoCal), 2nd Tim Arnett (NorCal), 3rd Riener Wolff (NorCal), all three driving 510s. Troy Ermish had to give up the lead at the end with a mechanical issue.

6 of the top 10 were 510s, also a BMW 2002, Lotus 7, Alfa Guilia, and a Ginetta.

Indy510, Thanks for posting the pics and the videos.

I had the Tan #46. Its an IT car from the 80's. The rules require the L16 with single down draft carb(webber 32/36 or stock). Its a very stock class engine wise. Im pretty sure I was the only L16 out there. All the other guys were B sedan or 2.5 challenge cars. I think B sedan allows for L20's. I don't think the means to build a L23 existed back then, but if it did it would be allowed in the 2.5 challenge rules.

I had lots of fun hunting down the triumphs though. When I was not breaking the car.

I lost 3rd gear after a mis-shift in turn 11 of the final race and had to retire. I should have the car ready for the SCCA race at laguna on the 28th.

-Avery

I had the Tan #46. Its an IT car from the 80's.

-Avery

Avery, great job with the #46. I used to race an IT car against the Vintage crowd, an ITS 240Z in CP. It was fun just to be able to run a few of them down on occasion, really fun to get up to mid-pack against bigger-motored and bigger-braked cars. Nice to have a car you can run in both clubs, that's twice as many race events that you're eligible for!

what kind of mirrors are on that red goon??:P

Outside mirrors are old Vitaloni Baby Turbos, they were out of production for several years, but I understand they are being made again. Lots of Chinese copies of them out there too. Inside mirror is a first-gen Wink where the panels are individually adjustable.

• 1 year later...