Clutch Slave Cylinder problem!!!!!

its all good man lol i wasent offended or anything just trying to help a fellow ratsuner i know on my 610 the fork is the way you describe but i have seen 510s with the hole im thinking his fork got swapped at some point and now he needs to get creative

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the old slave I pulled out is identical to the two "new" ones I've had. The motor and trans are out of a 240z, would that make a difference? I mean I ordered a 240z slave cylinder. I think the real problem is the fork itself, because the pushrod goes through the hole that is there and causes the piston to overextend and then pour brake fluid everywhere.

This is what it's supposed to look like

datsun-240z-260z-280z-transmission-clutch-fork-nos_370480165521.jpg

Instead mine has a hole where the slave cylinder pushrod goes through.

Well the old slave I pulled out is identical to the two "new" ones I've had. The motor and trans are out of a 240z, would that make a difference? I mean I ordered a 240z slave cylinder. I think the real problem is the fork itself, because the pushrod goes through the hole that is there and causes the piston to overextend and then pour brake fluid everywhere.

This is what it's supposed to look like

datsun-240z-260z-280z-transmission-clutch-fork-nos_370480165521.jpg

Instead mine has a hole where the slave cylinder pushrod goes through.

Bonvo hit it right on ,,, You are not suppose to have a hole there ,,, yes it is a problem ,,, Do you have the correct clutchfork ? or do you think someone drilled it out to put in an "adjustable" slave cylinder push rod ?

:)

Did you change your post because I don't remember the part about the push rod falling out. Anyway you must have an older transmission or older clutch arm in your '75. You should have the one below on the top. The very bottom one is for the A type 4 speed transmission and the slave push rod has a threaded end and adjusting nut of free play.

transclutchforks.jpg

Did you change your post because I don't remember the part about the push rod falling out. Anyway you must have an older transmission or older clutch arm in your '75. You should have the one below on the top. The very bottom one is for the A type 4 speed transmission and the slave push rod has a threaded end and adjusting nut of free play.

transclutchforks.jpg

Ok, mine looks like the bottom one but is a 5 speed. The motor and trans are out of a '72 240z if that helps anything.

That type of fork needs a slave with the set-up like has been mentioned usually uses a threaded rod with a couple of nuts. So eitther get a different slave cylinder or change the fork whatever is easier. It's strange that the old one worked at all... Why are you changing it? I missed that part. Use the new seals and rebuild the old one if it worked.

That type of fork needs a slave with the set-up like has been mentioned usually uses a threaded rod with a couple of nuts. So eitther get a different slave cylinder or change the fork whatever is easier. It's strange that the old one worked at all... Why are you changing it? I missed that part. Use the new seals and rebuild the old one if it worked.

Well the old slave cylinder did the same thing the "new" ones did. What slave cylinder should I order to work with my clutch fork/trans.

damn im good lol

Not bad at all my friend, thanks for all the help.

So more or less you just hooked up the hose and pushed the pedal and blow it out the end? since nothing was pushing it back to keep from over extending.

Thats what I thought at first but I didnt say anything think n maybe there are bad slaves. I never seen it before. esp if its made in Japan.

the threaded ball(12mm) end and with the 12mm Jam nut is usually the early datsuns like the 510. The later Datsun used the fork arm with the indent and just a rod with a rounded end to fit in.

Well the old slave cylinder did the same thing the "new" ones did. What slave cylinder should I order to work with my clutch fork/trans.

Not bad at all my friend, thanks for all the help.

All you need is the pushrod. They were used on 521 and early 620 trucks and the 510 car. There must be lots laying around from 5 speed swaps. Ask someone here.