Clutch Slave Cylinder problem!!!!!

Well today I installed my new clutch slave cylinder on my '75 Datsun 280z and when I went to bleed it, fluid got past the piston and cause the rubber piece to swell up and shoot the push rod out. Then fluid went EVERYWHERE when the rubber piece bursted. What would cause this to happen? I've already ordered a new slave cylinder because I have a lifetime warantee on it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't do anything wrong. Inside there is a piston and a rubber ring to seal it. Obviously it didn't seal and the fluid passed the piston and collected under the rubber boot. I'll bet someone forgot the seal when assembled.

What kind of brake fluid did you use? Where is the adjustment on the rod at? Oics help as always...

Wearever premium synthetic brake fluid. The rod isn't adjustable.

.when you get another new one ......... make shure you get a new copper washer...... .... . because it will leak with the old washer

Ok I'll buy a new one when I go to pick up a new cylinder. This time it shot out the rod.

Ok ,,, not trying to be a donkey(jackass) and I am sure you didn't ,,, but the Slave Cylinder was attached to the tranny and pushing against the clutch fork area when bleeding correct ? Not trying to bleed it off of the tranny hanging loose ?

Sorry just trying to help :)

might want to try conventional brake fluid and you have to take into account these parts are rebuilt and have probibly been sitting for a while after the rebuild there is a chance you will get a bad part ive gotten a bad slave and brake master from the parts store when you return it they send it to be rebuilt again it happens

Ok ,,, not trying to be a donkey(jackass) and I am sure you didn't ,,, but the Slave Cylinder was attached to the tranny and pushing against the clutch fork area when bleeding correct ? Not trying to bleed it off of the tranny hanging loose ?

Sorry just trying to help :)

Haha of course not, it was bolted to the transmission during the bleeding process.

.then how did the push-rod get shot out??? ........ . wasn't it pushing against the clutch fork???

Mine lines up directly with a hole in the clutch fork. Is there somewhere else it should push against?

lolz ,,, :lol: ok cool ,,, cool ,,, that really sucks btw man !!! ( I have a friend that works on things differently ollz )Good luck with the rest man :cool:

Haha nice!

Mine lines up directly with a hole in the clutch fork. Is there somewhere else it should push against?

Haha nice!

you have the wrong slave then ore at least the pin if theres a hole in the fork its supposed to bolt to the fork

you have the wrong slave then ore at least the pin if theres a hole in the fork its supposed to bolt to the fork

^^^ on some models sure ,,, but the Z car s30 series seem to have a "smooth" ended push-rod that pushes against the clutch fork indent groove ,,, doesn't bolt into the arm , and then two twelve mm bolts to the bell-housing mount I believe :)

I believe ,,, take this with a grain o salt :D :lol:

^^^ on some models sure ,,, but the Z car s30 series seem to have a "smooth" ended push-rod that pushes against the clutch fork indent groove ,,, doesn't bolt into the arm , and then two twelve mm bolts to the bell-housing mount I believe :)

I believe ,,, take this with a grain o salt :D :lol:

he said there was a hole in the fork meaning the cluch fork he has wont work with the slave that just pushes into the indentation it would just push threw the hole

ive never mesed with an s30 just going off of what he posted its possible the fork got swapped somewhere along the way in the cars life

• Like 1

he said there was a hole in the fork meaning the cluch fork he has wont work with the slave that just pushes into the indentation it would just push threw the hole

ive never mesed with an s30 just going off of what he posted its possible the fork got swapped somewhere along the way in the cars life

good point ,,, there shouldn't be one i dont think :lol: ... sorry bonvo ;)