ka-e truck oilpan on 240sx ka-e

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25243-ka-z24-build-compression-questions-done/page__st__100

Lots of cutting, similar to this. Having a plasma cutter helps. You can also scallop the crossmember depending on which motor you're putting in which vehicle. Wait a minute, that's a Toyota, wtf guy? Don't tell me you're ditching that boat anchor 22R and sticking in a REAL motor! :D

You need to either cut down the left front (or right front? can't remember) girdle about 1/4" or so about 1/2 the length on that side only and do a little clearance work on the very front left corner of the pan. The rear part of the pan where the pickup tube goes thru needs to be trimmed a little for the different pickup location and to clear part of the girdle. It almost looks like if you double the pan gasket, it just may be less trimming work. Don't know how well the pan would seal with double gaskets though.

Mark

http://community.rat...e/page__st__100

Lots of cutting, similar to this. Having a plasma cutter helps. You can also scallop the crossmember depending on which motor you're putting in which vehicle. Wait a minute, that's a Toyota, wtf guy? Don't tell me you're ditching that boat anchor 22R and sticking in a REAL motor! :D

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25537-project-bastard/

already done and driving 5 months ago cool.gif

Lots! For one, truck motors were made/cast in Mexico. 240 KAs were made/cast in Japan. KA car uses a crank girdle, KA truck is just like a Z24, no girdle, 5 main caps. Intake is not TBI on truck, but does look like one, with the MAF/TPS all in one unit at the top before it goes into the manifold/plenum. Car of course is standard EFI setup with log manifold and better runners. Bigger throttle body housing also.

I think that's all the differences right off hand.

I think that's all the differences right off hand.

Could of other minor things...

Direction of ports on the valve cover, exhaust downpipe, pulleys on truck are v-belt car is multi-ribbed belt.

Also the car block has extra metal at the rear (more meat around the starter mount), and uses a slightly different starter.

See photo:

ka24et.jpg

Oh yeah, the Stanzas and some others also had a fwd version of the KAE and their blocks are quite a bit different, and of course dizzy is in the wrong spot. But they were also still made in Japan, so still better quality. I didn't know about the valve cover breather, good to know.

• 2 months later...

Full-floating piston pins means almost nothing to real world. Chevy guys had that argument back in the 70s. They are still arguing about it.

Why o why did nissan use four different block designs for the KA??? no other engine is like this...

KA oil pan gasket for Truck/240SX single cam

OS30617C_TOP.jpg

KA oil pan gasket for 240SX twin cams

os30644c_top.jpg

KA oil pan gasket for FWD cars

os30629c_top.jpg

or

OS32184.jpg