SU Carbed KA24E Finally Running

510can

Well, today I finally had some time to put the head back on, finish up the exhaust, weld on a water temp sensor bung, and start her up.

She runs fine, but whoa and behold I have a coolant leak coming from where the flange mates to the head. Im speculating I either fuged up the gasket. or when I was welding on the coolant tube, the flange warped from the heat.

Il take over to my machine guy tomorrow morning and have a final verdict :).

mean while some people asked about pics of the throttle linkage, and Im also including a pic of my crafty bung made from a nut lol.

linkage2.jpg

linkage1.jpg

tempbung.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok quick question. Is there any threads on here about boost, and SU's? Im thinking if, I build a plenum around the SU,s still keep the timing advance vacuum line hooked up at the stock spot. i should be able to run a FI setup and the SU's in theory should compensate for the fuel correct?

I could have sworn I saw a thread about this somewhere and now I can't find it hehe.

• 1 month later...

Well,

Finally last two days I had some serious time to work on this project. And Today I present you with a tuned Dual SU KA24E, In this video, Im about to finish building the exhaust, and she still burns a lil rich. But I think I just have to use a differ needles in the carbs to lean her out a bit more, because she shakes like a pig lol.

Right now Im still using the V6 Fiero Radiator, with a Volvo 240 Fan set up to push, and a 160 Nismo Thermostat. All I can say that in California 85 Degree weather I don't even go above 190.

Anyways here is the video, and tomorrow Il have another one with the exhaust and everything put together. All I have to say though is the TQ difference is definitely noticeable :)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZGVe8euCps

Noob question...........When doing a motor swap thats not L series what are you looking at to determine where the motor should sit? It seems like the biggest problem in doing a KA swap would be figuring out what position it needs to be in then making the motor mounts. I really love this idea for a motor for the future but no idea how I would get mounts for it.

KA top mounts bolt straight up to the 510 lower mounts. Thats what I've been told anyway.

Need custom Trans mount/crossmember. And either make a rear sump pan or cut out and flip the front crossmember to clear the front sump pan on the KA.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Never actually did a swap, just alot of research.

Im talking more about putting one into a 521

http://community.rat...24e-into-a-620/

It's been covered.

This thread covers a 620, but it's all the same really.

Bee says he makes mounts for the KA-E to bolt into the trucks...

so if you're not handy with the steel, his mounts will save you tons of time and frustration.

Well friends,

The radiator that was on there started leaking all over the place about a week ago, School started so I got busy and the car got put on the back burner again :(.

But today I finally made a trip out to the junk yard and picked up a new one :). Funny part is I don't even remember what car I took it off of lol.

But without firtheradoo here is a video :)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGq9uCjALOQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nice work on this thing! I am proud to say I got to drive it!!!!!

Very cool to ride in a datsun with carpet and a nice quiet ride, good brakes too! check out the datsun stories mexico one...thats my car i just updated the pix i went to mexico today and dropped in on em i happy with it

• 3 weeks later...