What the F is wrong with this country???

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care about the religious symbolism of eggs. I would be pissed if I found out that the school was teaching my kid that eggs were spherical! That's just piss poor geometry. If eggs were spheres, they'd roll out of the nest and break. Evolution made them oblong and dumbass hippie school board people are trying to change that because it's offensive to their Yankee sensitivities.

And tacos rule...

Well said tacos do rule! Also eggs while they are round they are not spheres.

I am all for keeping religion out of school but it seems like the real issue is keeping Christianity out of school. My children are taught about witchcraft and pagan rituals but no Christianity.

Also Easter is not truly Christian eggs and bunnies are all about an ancient goddess of fertility called Ishtar not Christ. So truly as far as I'm concerned Easter Eggs, Spring Spheres are the same thing as long as the call them oblong spherical objects.

This is a good example why not to panic, even if we are going down. Even with things getting bad, in America we have many nice things and freedoms. Even if things get really bad here in economic, social, and government collapse...we will experience what many nations have perpetually experienced for the last 50 years. I can bitch about the state of this country, and how I don't think it will change, but notice I am not moving...its because everywhere else is pretty much in the same boat. The reason for that is because it isn't just the political system or government that is flawed, its the people that make and run it. Until I find a place where humanities problems don't exist, or this country makes a 3rd world country look like the Hilton, don't expect to see me bail any time soon. I am just going to buckle my seat belt, and hope we take the guardrail and not the cliff.

Very much agree with you

you're the 2nd ukranian that i've heard say that this weekthat place is seriously fucked up still, so i hear

Most don't know whats out there.

Ukraine, just like all the other former USSR republics, are going down the drain fast.

All the middle class packed up and ran. The only people left either make too much money to leave or not enough to eat.

The line above is what needs to be prevented, here in the US, AT ALL COSTS.

I don't find this sort of thing dangerous or ridiculous at all. Not everyone celebrates Easter. A lot of people don't even agree with Easter, and if my child was in school celebrating it I would be annoyed. It is a parents job to teach their kids about religion, not a public school teacher. I remember always making Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and Valentines day cards and gifts and school and there were always a few kids who did not do them because their parents did not share the "christian" religion that most people do. How would you feel to be left out of something that all of the other kids were having a blast doing?

I'm all for removing certain phrases from society (like in god we trust on currency), but some are ridiculous. There was a small street off of the 101 around Ventura called Santa Clause Lane. A non religious group lobbied to have the name changed and won. That is one of those over the top instances.

Before anyone starts in with religious arguments, I do not believe in a religion. I was raised christian, studied the bible, and found faults that changed my beliefs. I'm not talking shit or trying to pick a fight with anyone or any religion, just stating my opinion.

Religion is like a penis. It's ok to have one, its ok to brag about it, but don't whip it out in public and don't even think about shoving it down my throat.

You are so completely clue-less,it is almost awe inspiring.The Easter Bunny brings EASTER EGGS.Easter eggs are for EASTER.Religion has nothing to do with it.It's the same with Merry Christmas vs.Happy Holidays.

You are so completely clue-less,it is almost awe inspiring.The Easter Bunny brings EASTER EGGS.Easter eggs are for EASTER.Religion has nothing to do with it.It's the same with Merry Christmas vs.Happy Holidays.

Wow. Let me educate you:

Easter is the holiday that marks the celebration of Jesus rising from the dead and disappearing from the cave/tomb he was put in. Easter is the same as the Jewish Passover. Religion has everything to do with Easter, in fact Easter would not exist without religion. It is not the same as merry Christmas vs happy holidays.

Happy holidays is widely used now instead of merry Christmas because while that may be a holiday season, not everyone celebrates Christmas. In the same season resides Hanakkuh and Kwanza. You may not always know which holiday someone celebrates, so happy holidays is a way to get the message across and not get the wrong religion.

• Like 2

All they had to do was drop "Easter" off the front of Egg Hunt, and it would have been just fine. Or just not have held an egg hunt at school. Most people do that at home on the weekend anyway. We should lock this sinking ship down. It's going to derail soon.

dirk how do you know easter wouldn't exist without religion? i might? Happy Easter! It could be a mixed holiday with halloween. That would be cool! How bout a compromise and the kids only get to celebrate it half the day at school?!

Christian religion took over older well established pagan rites rather than fighting them. It's no surprise that Christ's birth is alleged to be on or near the winter solstice Dec. 21st or that 'easter' is near the spring equinox.

This world can be pretty shitty specially for kids so what's wrong with a party in the winter cold where there are colored lights and family and gifts are given or in the spring when candy eggs are searched for? Kids could care less why, just ask them.

I believe in the EI dizzy, and the IR alternator. That Datsun IS a car and that the almighty Nissan made them. I believe in gear reduction starters for colder climates and high output oil pumps. That setting valve lash hot is better than cold, and that a good mechanic does not need to use RTV. That a good used junkyard part is superior to a reconditioned one and I believe in the merits of a hot start relay and re torquing head bolts at every tune up. I believe that a higher output alternator trumps a stock one and that dash light dimmer switches were installed by Nissan as an in joke by the engineers. I have faith that when a Datsun quits on the side of the road that almost anyone can check for spark and fuel and that having found one and fixing the other it will start and get you home.

This is what I do believe in.

fuck political correctness, fuck politics, fuck sides, fuck parties, fuck religious extremism,

fuck proper, fuck out sourcing, fuck credit, fuck banks, fuck bankers, fuck wars for profit,

fuck anything extremism, fuck changing the names of holidays, fuck corporations,

fuck corporate CEOs, fuck money, fuck the 1%,

fuck all your bullshit.

kick back, dont be a mega dick, grab a beer and go out into the garage,

lend a helping hand when you can, smile once in a while,

fucking relax