Fort Worth, TX People...........

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

click on hte "linky".....

Sorry, link didn't seem to show up on the "mobile" version of the site... :P

Went by and looked at it after work. Body was really straight. Lady behind the counter said it was complete and in the "for sale" section for a month and got zero offers. Been in the "parting out" section for two weeks now (only engine and left fender missing). Other than some rust in the spare tire well and in the firewall (blocked wiper trough drains cause this, common in Texas cars that sit outside for long periods of time), it was in decent shape and would have been prime "Ratsun" material. :cool:

Almost made me cry to see it sitting there, knowing it deserved a better fate... :console:

normal_019.JPG

I always swipe the engine ID plate from 510s I find in the junkyard, like the dog tags of a fallen soldier...

normal_020.JPG

Gonna go back Saturday and see what I can salvage...

theres no way they wouldnt sell it right?!? I mean c'mon offer the guy behind the counter $50 to help. Or talk to the manager and explain that this is like crushing a 68 camaro!! Maybe then they'd understand!!

Kills me to see that in a "junk"yard...

Thanks for posting a pic BTW :D

theres no way they wouldnt sell it right?!? I mean c'mon offer the guy behind the counter $50 to help. Or talk to the manager and explain that this is like crushing a 68 camaro!!

Here in Texas, once they start parting it out, they send the title to Austin saying the car has been destroyed. That VIN can never ever be registered as a driveable car. Its a goner fellas. And that's a fact.

FYI, Pick-N-Pull is a billion dollar corporation with many thousands of employees. You think they're gonna risk it all for one 510? Not a chance in hell. They ain't risking it for a '68 Camaro neither.

This ain't my first rodeo. ;)

how but if you cut the car in half? could you buy one half one day and buy the other half the next day? cut the windsheild pillars and across the floorboards just in front of the seat braces. Then just weld it back together. Just that simple folks! lol

how but if you cut the car in half? could you buy one half one day and buy the other half the next day? cut the windsheild pillars and across the floorboards just in front of the seat braces. Then just weld it back together. Just that simple folks! lol

Fellas, 510s ain't that hard to find... :P