So yesterday I dropped all of my life savings and a fat chunk of my girlfriends as well on this

0402012148.jpg

a 1987 ford falcon van conversion with a little over 102k on the clock. Hella fun creepin up on people walking around at night in. It needs some work here and there but it'll be home when I'm done. The plan is to ship it to Maui come next winter and road trip this summer if I can afford the gas. Damned American v8's. Coming from driving datos and getting between 25 to 35 mpg this thing comes in at a shocking 8 to 12. So here is a clean slate to work with. I'm feeling roof mounted BBQ and lawn chairs and a sick paint job. Basically it's anything goes and I'm open to suggestions on interior and exterior mods

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's gonna be sweet! I have a longbox 1ton chevy van with a rack on top. I took it to colorado to watch the pikes peak hill climb! Best road trip i have ever had! Mine doesn't have all the fancy shit yours does tho i bet. I had 2 coolers, a gas grill, 2 chairs, and a blowup mattress. Damn i had a good time! If you can make that trip to watch that race i highly recommend it!

The plan is to ship it to Maui come next winter and road trip this summer if I can afford the gas.

You realize a Matson ferry boat trip runs on average $1600 to Hawaii one way? And your road trip while there is really small as you can do the whole island in about 4 hours? :lol:

If you plan on staying in the van while there, be careful as the MPD (all of Hawaii actually) are forcing the "housless" to certain parts of the islands...not good for the island image as they put it.

Nice shagwagon though! I'd rock it.

We got price quoted at 2700 full of our stuff not bad considering I'll have a motorcycle etc. The road tripping would be done on the land locked side of the USA like to go see warped tour and maybe head to California etc. Interior is pretty bitchin too. It has a bathtub even! And we are well aware of the mpd and hawaiin image campaign. Could work to our advantage though cause they will give you a one way ticket off the island for free. We plan on leavin it parked in various state parks and campgrounds or find property on the issolated side of the island towards Hana. I have a bunch of crazy business schemes and I'll list em later and my girlfriend is going to do photography on the beaches. Best part is we would be living on the cheap with the only expence being food and gas. Even the smallest income will add up fast

Interior is what it is needs more bumper stickers and some crazy animal print curtains prolly get wood laminate flooring too

0403011515.jpg

piece it together just sorta tried to get it all in the shot

0403011515a.jpg one sleeping space or storage not sure which yet.

The kitchen area has a sink 2 burner propane stove and a mini fridge with freezer slot

bathroom with roboshitter and mini tub shower combo

0403011516a.jpg

not visible really but has a nice under the sea little mermaid shower curtain

current additions include micro herb garden a clothes line on the outside and I need somebody to make a tow hitch and mount for my Honda ct90

That's gonna be sweet! I have a longbox 1ton chevy van with a rack on top. I took it to colorado to watch the pikes peak hill climb! Best road trip i have ever had! Mine doesn't have all the fancy shit yours does tho i bet. I had 2 coolers, a gas grill, 2 chairs, and a blowup mattress. Damn i had a good time! If you can make that trip to watch that race i highly recommend it!

would love to see pikes peak! Loading it up full of people will make fuel prices cheaper too

looks awesome and pretty much the same kind of living I have done and would like to do again.

There is nothing better than been a free giant snail.

Nothing is a boundary its all yours with no restrictions of been stuck in one place.

You guys in the States have the best camper beasts, here in Oz we only have card board box

like versions in comparison.

By the way you still selling the Lectrons to me?

Unless there is a way to get cash in the mail I'm not sure how. No offence but I'm prolly an easy target to scam and it's sorta risky shipping to austrellia so I'll trade for hard goods mailed here or cash by mail if you trust my end. Have done it that way with a few members on here but not over such a long distance ya know? Figured there would be lots of campers actually

I know I'm down for camping that way too but the girlfriend said to fine of a line to being strait up homeless. She didnt want to risk valuables either. But she's a really good gf. Doesn't cook or clean which is bogus but will literally do anything and go along with all my crazy plans and dreams. Can't beat that. I've gotten riffed on by ratsuners cause she's opposed to me dumping money into my cars but I'm thankful cause we saved up and wound up with a pretty cool van and lots of fun adventures in store :)

Can you meet my mate half way he is 2 hours from you further up north?

David is a great contributor to datsun1200.com and Im willing to pay him

for his time and expenses as Im also a good target for scammers :(

Im trying to keep everything out in the open so we both benefit.

I checked on bumpers but over the limit for aust. postage :(((

Its a shame cause there are so many bumpers here for the 120y

Was kinda leery of clicking on this thread .Very leery actuallylaugh.giflaugh.gif

..But your at the perfect age to go on a road trip.Me and my wife ( not at the time ) graduated from high school we went on a road trip to Devils tower, mount Rushmore, then to Royal Gorge bridge Colorado. We were going to Oklahoma but spent so much time getting there we never got there. Then when we were thinking about going on first real family vacation in 2004,( 20 years later ), we went to almost the same attractions except they had been cleaned up with blacktopped trails and bigger parking lots,,which was perfect for our two youngest that were still in wheelchairs at the time.

The next year we all went to Disneyland and the older boys kept saying that they wished we could have went on a road trip vacation like before. So we drove back home along coast ( which was awesome ) and then through Redwood forest. And before you chime in about tourist traps if you have never seen it it`s new to you.

Although some advice NEVER go to Califlowerornia during a heat wave, cuz........................damn !!