Ka swap

nickthequck

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The KAs use EFI which uses a CAS instead of points and vacuum advance. If you get rid of the EFI and run carb you will need to solve the distributor problem. Do able, not saying it isn't, but it is a problem. You will need to make a carb manifold or maybe a Hardbody truck intake with a carb adapter.

The KAs use EFI which uses a CAS instead of points and vacuum advance. If you get rid of the EFI and run carb you will need to solve the distributor problem. Do able, not saying it isn't, but it is a problem. You will need to make a carb manifold or maybe a Hardbody truck intake with a carb adapter.

yeah there was someone... i want to say last week you informed of this as well, they ended up picking up a megasquirt system because it was easier and cheaper....

Can't a Matchbox dizzy be adapted to work with a carburated KA?

Guest DatsuNoob

1st off, truck motor or 240sx? It would need a custom mounting plate. An L series dizzy drops into a Frontier timing cover but only one hole of a stock EI diz pedestal lines up (not sure of the 240sx version), the other one is real close. If any material was added in thickness here, it would raise the diz away from the oil pump drive. If you know someone set up to weld aluminum, I think it would be prefectly doable as far as the distributor goes. Just have to maintain the original mounting height at the flange of the timing cover. A 240sx uses a horizontally mounted diz with a MUCH shorter drive on it. I think it would need more heavily modified to use a l series diz there for the sake of carbs.

Ok, answer is simple. and Im assuming this is the SOHC version. (if DE, I have a simple answer for that too, send me email.) Now for a KA24E all you need is the oil pump shaft from an L series engine to replace for your stock one. Then get your self a L series distributor and install a petronix in it, and your problems are solved.

If you need a petronix unit email me :).

Ok, answer is simple. and Im assuming this is the SOHC version. (if DE, I have a simple answer for that too, send me email.) Now for a KA24E all you need is the oil pump shaft from an L series engine to replace for your stock one. Then get your self a L series distributor and install a petronix in it, and your problems are solved.

If you need a petronix unit email me :).

And you need to make a thread about those SU's on a KA.

You speak like you know what's going on. Show us.

Once again...OICS or IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!

:poke:

I forgot to mention. The bolts for the l20 distributor wont match with the bolts on the timing cover of a KA24E. You can drill into the cover and helicoil it, and get at least one of the two bolts in, and make a l-shaped bracket for the second one. Or just make L shaped brackets for both holes.<--(this was my choice).