i missed ratsun

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with a Miata. I still miss mine for the simple reliability and absolute go-kart handling. The one thing I didn't like was not having a backseat or a usable trunk. And I don't miss the goddamn hydraulic lifters making noise. That's the worst thing about those cars. Go figure in '99 they switched back to solid lifters. We just had a thread on this, but here's another picture of my old Mia.

Did I mention I got more tickets in this car than the 510 ever dreamed of?

miabeautyyard.jpg

Oh yeah, and f that Pontiac Solstice/Sky Roadster pos. 2900 pounds does NOT make a "domestic Miata" as some called it. It's absolutely huge. You can see when you park the two next to each other.

• Like 1

Did I mention I got more tickets in this car than the 510 ever dreamed of?

Are you sure the cops didn't just figure anyone driving an old Datsun can't afford to pay a ticket?? I think the cops over here have mercy on folks driving old cars and go after new cars because the folks look like they can afford to pay the ticket. Just an unconfirmed theory I have.

I looked at Wiki for the Miata apparently its German for Award they should of just called it the MX-5 sounds way better...

Oh yeah, and f that Pontiac Solstice/Sky Roadster pos. 2900 pounds does NOT make a "domestic Miata" as some called it. It's absolutely huge. You can see when you park the two next to each other.

the pontiac solstice is ablast to drive, i had my aunts 5 speed and it was a blast in the canyons. also took it to arrowhead on hwy 18, love windidn mountain roads, also my freind with the huge boobs that had never been in a convertable loved riding around in it with me since it was mid summer adn perfect conv. weather.

Hrh what rims are those?

They're Lensos. PO put them on, I really liked them. 16" not too big, although driving around with nasty potholes can easily kill them with the 45 series on.

Miata sounds Italian to me.

Solstice/Crossfire are North Am. May be fun to drive but only time will tell if they will become a 'sports car' as I understand the meaning.

Sports Car:

Must.... be rear wheel drive (very important!!!) 2 seater, convertible, (hard top allowed for winter use but frowned on) standard transmission, must stop faster than accelerate, must be easy to work on by home mechanic, handling takes precedence over straight line performance. 4 or 6 cylinder but 3 liter engine limit

Should.... have minimal creature comforts, (no heated seats, air con, on star, gps etc.) horse power limited to 10 pounds vehicle weight per HP, affordable, (under $30,000, perhaps more if ABS, air bags were included)

This prevents expensive and or high hp super cars from inclusion. It's the driving fun and not a dick measuring/how big is your wallet contest.

true story, i worked at a shop for 6 years banking with the same bank, cashing my check every 2 weeks for 6 years. Never got more than usual courtesies, borrowed one of the service writers miata's to run to the bank and both girls working the drive up asked me if i wanted to come out to the bars with them after work......................

I would rock a miata.:cool: Hell, I would rock a Pink Miata. :blink: Anything has to be better than rocking my GF's focus!:sick:

They may look a little Femmie but they are quick; nimble; cheap; and as I understand it, easy to work on. Mob that miata! Take on a persona to go with it. Me, I think I would have a pirate Miata :pirate:. I would always talk like a pirate while in the car. Yeah... thats it!:thumbup: