Silly Question Maybe

I was just looking through another wonderful build thread here on the forum. The dude showed a picture of the back of his car and went through all the trouble to make his license plate unreadable. The question is why?? We drive our cars all over the country in major metropolitan areas and I think some of you have even parked them at Wal-Mart were hundreds of people walk by many with pen and paper, Why is posting your license plate on the internet so unsafe. What could someone on the internet possibly do with it that evil people in your hometown can't. Its just a freakin license plate. Are people afraid someone will find them?? I don't get it. Yournidentity will not be stolen if someone knows your plate number. They may be able to find out where you live especially since you posted a picture of your house too. Any way just a little rant quit wasting your time erasing your plate its safe.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking through another wonderful build thread here on the forum. The dude showed a picture of the back of his car and went through all the trouble to make his license plate unreadable. The question is why?? We drive our cars all over the country in major metropolitan areas and I think some of you have even parked them at Wal-Mart were hundreds of people walk by many with pen and paper, Why is posting your license plate on the internet so unsafe. What could someone on the internet possibly do with it that evil people in your hometown can't. Its just a freakin license plate. Are people afraid someone will find them?? I don't get it. Yournidentity will not be stolen if someone knows your plate number. They may be able to find out where you live especially since you posted a picture of your house too. Any way just a little rant quit wasting your time erasing your plate its safe.

for example here in california... if i hate you i can use your plate # to send you into a spinning mess with BAR and DMV. i have in cases looked up vehicles here to see where they got their cars smogged.. because i know it had to have been smogged illegally. Think about that one.... who do i know? who do i work for? What about others?

I think some of you have even parked them at Wal-Mart were hundreds of people walk by many with pen and paper, Why is posting your license plate on the internet so unsafe. What could someone on the internet possibly do with it that evil people in your hometown can't.

Makes it easy for a thief to find it and steal it.

So do most thieves use the internet to find there next job?? All I'm saying is its no less safe on the internet than it is when your driving around. Do you think the people looking to steal cars are Ratsun members don't you think they they'd be cruising the vette ferrari forums looking there instead

You'll notice I erase all my license plates in my photos. I don't want the man to have any more reason to pull me over than he already has. Not to mention I bypass things here and there that would get me in hot water if some people found out. So no, I don't like having my plate displayed. Another reason I don't get vanity plates, as much as I'd like to. Makes it easier for people to find you and your car.

if i was a thief and i knew i could get a primo price for let say a flawless dime with lots of upgrades( like quite a few ppl have here) i would probably go strait to Google ( as i normally do when i have an unanswered question) and type in a few different key phrases about dimes and datsuns. This forum(and other like the relm) are quite popular and easy to find, it would be easy to narrow down where to look from a computer before i even left my house. The world is fucked up and full of people who are looking for a quick and easy buck. On that note i dont blur out the plate on my 620 cus if my truck is stolen the insurance check would be more than the value of the whole damn truck :D and im not so good with the computer software:P

we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.jpg

Catalytic converters? We don't need no stinking catalytic converters

No, actually I leave those in. The EGR went bye-bye though. Couldn't make room for the tube.

• 4 weeks later...

Man I was just ranting about this. I think people like controle and hiding there plates makes them feel they have controle on the interweb. Man people get so much of there facts from movies it's funny. If you are a secret agent maybe you shouldn't be on forums and stuff. If people want to harm you they will find the path of least resistance and go for you. Beside everyone knows I can seeee youuuuuu.