HEY goon owners got a question

jesusno2

Does the rear light in the cargo area come on when ya open the driver/passenger door? Or is it just turned on by the switch on the light itself which is how I'm guessing it works?? Just wanted to know before I go tracing wires down. Also how the hell do the dome light switches come outta the door jambs?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the light only comes on with the light switch and i think the switch turns off the lite(power) when its closed.

its been awhile...

Like the headlight switch? Or the door jam switch? I Have no idea how in the world this light works lol maybe I'm just that retared :unsure: I can build a whole wagon but can't figure out the cargo light lol!

The hatch light ONLY comes on when you open the hatch. It has a switch that reconnects with the circuit when the hatch is OPEN. While it is open, you can turn the light on or off. It is not connected to any other door than the hatch; the only way it would is if you rewired it to.

The hatch light ONLY comes on when you open the hatch. It has a switch that reconnects with the circuit when the hatch is OPEN. While it is open, you can turn the light on or off. It is not connected to any other door than the hatch; the only way it would is if you rewired it to.

Really so where is the switch for the hatch? My goon has no switch anywhere.

I agree. It can only be turned on by the hatch switch and can be manually turned off/on only back there at the lamp itself.

Luke bought his NOS, PM him I cant remember where he bought it tho???

hmmm..I have a dealer here locally that can check on that. This is a link to the parts breakdown, and they only list the torsion bar cover and NOT the light. Makes me think the cover comes with one.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun510/Datsun510Index/BodyWagon/TailGateWindowFitting/tabid/891/Default.aspx