620 header

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTT HEADER FOR MY 620 L20 MOTOR I HAVE PARTS TO TRADE OR I WILL BUY IT

'73 620? The L16 exhaust manifold is as close to a header as you will ever need. Check it...

motorL16exhaustmanifold.jpg

standardand4intotwoexhaust001.jpg

You are not going to beat this design except for weight saving.

'73 620? The L16 exhaust manifold is as close to a header as you will ever need. Check it...

motorL16exhaustmanifold.jpg

standardand4intotwoexhaust001.jpg

You are not going to beat this design except for weight saving.

i agree headers are useless on a datsun unless you're trying to shave tenths of a second off your drag times! plus they are noisey!!!

IMHO

I have 2 headers available. One is a "shortie" Cannon and the other a vintage Hooker longer type. They are both in Arizona but I will be coming to San Bernardino in mid April. steroid620@yahoo.com Mike

I have 2 headers available. One is a "shortie" Cannon and the other a vintage Hooker longer type. They are both in Arizona but I will be coming to San Bernardino in mid April. steroid620@yahoo.com Mike

great mike i like the shorty

post some pics

• Like 1

Here is the first type of 620 header I have available. It came off of Jay Wasserman's truck. I believe that it is a Hooker, as I mounted a very similar header on My old Datsun SS in 1974.

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010001.jpg

I have no idea what to ask as it is very rusted and was long ago hammered around the area next to the torshion bar. Ideas?? Trade??

Here is the second header I have available. I believe it is a Cannon:

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

I also don't know what to ask. I totally sandblasted it, painted it with 2 cans of heatproof paint, mounted it on Wasserman's Wonder......... and it leaked!!! It would need some welding in a few areas. What a bummer but maybe one of You want to "toy" with it.

Here is the second header I have available. I believe it is a Cannon:

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

I also don't know what to ask. I totally sandblasted it, painted it with 2 cans of heatproof paint, mounted it on Wasserman's Wonder......... and it leaked!!! It would need some welding in a few areas. What a bummer but maybe one of You want to "toy" with it.

yes the cannon is the one i can play with i have a custom made water pump cover for your boat you can see it on ebay under datsun water pump cover i will trade you for the header

i think mark is nogotiating with daniel for the boat it has the same plate cover i made for him let me know thanks

Oops didn`t read whole post.

the question i posted about water pump cover is invalid wink.gif

It is the coolest looking thing just never seen one in use or even referenced before.

i made that for 2 of my friends and one extra for me just in case some one needed one they are used on the boats with datsun L motors i also make the timing cover the same way

Hey!!! That cover looks pretty neat!! I'll bring the shorty "Cannon" header. Maybe We can hook up. Mark might come up too !!!

cool i will bring the timing cover too

bring both headers my number is 951 214-9555 i have more parts for the truck i just finish a wilwood front brakes upgrades and aluminum cross member

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys. I will be headed Your way tonight with BOTH headers. I will be in San Bernardino working the 3751 steam train both tomorrow and Sunday. I plan to stay the night Sunday night and head home sometime on Monday. I will check My email often and Krecs, I will keep Your phone number handy!! Hope to see You guys!!

OK guys. I will be headed Your ay tonight with BOTH headers. I will be in San Bernardino working the 3751 team train both tomorrow and Sunday. I plan to stay the night Sunday night and head home sometime on Monday. I will check My email often and Krecs, I will keep Your phone number handy!! Hope to see You guys!!

You going to the moreno valley meet man?

OK guys. I will be headed Your way tonight with BOTH headers. I will be in San Bernardino working the 3751 steam train both tomorrow and Sunday. I plan to stay the night Sunday night and head home sometime on Monday. I will check My email often and Krecs, I will keep Your phone number handy!! Hope to see You guys!!

mike i am at the Moreno valley meet today come buy or let me know what hotel you are in to go and get the headers thanks

Hey Guys, I was way too tired to make Moreno Valley last night. Today I will be working on the steam train again at the San Bernardino depot. We depart at 3 p.m. If You want to see a huge, impressive machine, come down to the depot. It is on public display before We pull out for Los Angeles. I will have the headers with Me all day and be staying the night again at the Wigwam. Tomorrow I will head later to Haribuda Racing and possibly stay one more night in Southern California.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.