Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellllll shit... First one broke off whilst trying to stop a exhaust leak and the other 2 broke off trying to remove them... I said fuck you exhaust shop and now they are dealing with it.... I'm annoyed and sucked I had to remove my exhaust side of the turbo....

null_zps8c9f4656.jpg

Got this for a better tune

null_zps4d41ba71.jpg

null_zps181dda4a.jpg

how do you know your HG is leaking? Oil in the rad? Coolant in the oil pan? Compression #'s? That's some serious problem and I wouldn't drive it with a bad HG!

There Is just oil seeping out where the timing head bolts to the timing chain cover. Nothing super serious but needs to be addressed.

Ill have to check. I haven't done anything different from stock. My rear end is slotted and I had to mini Tub the rear To get some of the camber out of it. Did you set the car on the ground? On know if you just mount them when the car is on jack stands or something it dosnt look like it will clear but they tuck in nicely

There Is just oil seeping out where the timing head bolts to the timing chain cover. Nothing super serious but needs to be addressed.

uffhh that's great news! FSM says to only apply LHG to the mating surfaces but I did have a similar issue when I rebuilt El Perron. So I end up running a bead all around the top of pump cover instead of just the mating edges.

It did this with another set of wheels too. 
When I got the car it had 8j +20 
I then had the rear end doen (Wolf Creek CV's, R200, Different cross member and Control arms. 
Then I tried putting the wheels back on ad they would not tuck like before. 
I am going to have to investigate... 

New head gasket is getting installed tomorrow along with a turbo-manifold gasket and my SAFC :)

So are we going to see this thing at Mo Val on Saturday???