garage built dime

th_DSCN1300.jpg

so here it is, ive had it since about october so ill play catch up on whats gone on so far.

th_DSCN1288.jpg

first things first. the engine compartment

the car came with a blown L16 and i picked up a naps 2.0 and got hooked up with a good 5 speed

i have to get more pics up loaded asap

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the trans i picked up...thanks ray!

th_Nov14_0013-1.jpg

i pretty much have the car in bare metal cause it had been fixed a few times in its life and the repairs were sub par really.

th_Jan16_0003.jpgth_Jan16_0001.jpg th_Jan20_0005.jpg th_Jan20_0004.jpg

it had a vynal top so the top of the windsheild and rear glass are really rusty so i have to cut it out and scab in good stuff, along with rockers and behind the rear wheel wells but its actually not too bad. oh yeah and the front floor boards are flintstone but i cut some floors out of another car to weld in. lots of work left but it should be dialed in a couple of months if caitlin,the better half, lets me spend the $ and time.

yeah sounds like im gonna try and get down there but chances are in someone elses car. oh well we shall see, maybe get the metal work done and seal it with dp60 and go drive it, so i need to get back to work then!

Its cool you finally started a thread James,this things gonna be nice. Im hoping we can both get our cars in primer and get yours running so we can get down to canby. we are not gonna make our goals of golden gardens but canby would be a sweet long weekend and it would be kinda lame to just take my subi down there.

• 4 weeks later...

got back in the garage again and got some stuff done sunday. heres a couple of pics for proof. actually got to the point where i was putting on filler over patches and low spots. the next week should be good cause its supposed to rain for a while and i got nothing to do...good!

DSCN2235.jpg

DSCN2233.jpg

IMG]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j404/jamesja/DSCN2232.jpg[/img]

DSCN2237.jpg

DSCN2238.jpg

DSCN2234.jpg

more pics this week and thanks kris and bob (everatt) for the help.

got back in the garage today and got all the patches done and in allmetal. then started on the pass quater with bondo. yes! kris came over and helped strip the rest of the paint, thanks kris. spent like two hours realignin the pass door cause the hinge broke and kris moved the striker to sand behind it. heres some pics.

DSCN2240.jpg

DSCN2239.jpg

DSCN2243.jpg

heres kris bein my good little helper. its nice to have someone to come over and help everyonce in a while cause i do this all day and when i get home its hard to get my ass in the garage to do on my car.

DSCN2241.jpg

Its funny looking at the pics, you can see almost all of kris's undies in one pic and in another you can see mine poking out the top of my pants. We need to pull our pants up. Car looks good and Im bummed I missed out on the bowling alley burgers today, goddamn job