Uh Oh Skib, What you do

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 620s have 3, but the only one that counts is the one on the frame. The 2 plates are removable (the firewall one is held on with screws, the door pillar with rivets) but of course the door one is the one they look for since there isn't one on the dash.

That's why I harp on folks who switch VIN tags to make a "1973 King Cab" down in Cali and such... they do check. You will lose your truck if they don't match. One guy on the old NWDE board lost his truck because his title, which was in his name and perfectly clear, didn't match the frame VIN, and it turned out to be stolen. Even if the cops don't go looking for your stolen Datsuns, the VIN does get entered into the system and if it ever does turn up, even years later, you might get it back.

Of course Skib's isn't stolen, but the missing door tag was a red flag. It's not a very bright thing to go speeding in a vehicle you don't have title to. I get the paperwork done, running or not, the first business day. I've had a couple that weren't running that required Smog checks to get registered, and I simply titled them without getting current registration. They argue, but the law says 15 days. I tell them that it won't pass emissions as it's not running, so there's no way it can get a current smog check in 15 days but I have to have the title changed by then and usually the circular logic comes back with a title (though no registration). Nowadays nothing I own has to be smogged, so I get registration too even if it doesn't run, since maybe I'll get it fixed and want to test drive it. No use getting a ticket the second I back out of my driveway on expired tags.

My family and I were coming back from a weekend get a way. and saw a couple cops had someone pullover. As I got closer, I notice it was a datsun 620, then I realized it was you. One sheriff was talking to you and the Stater was leaning over by the master cylinder. There was no time to whip out the camera. LOL

I was driving a blue mini van.

Larry

lol ya the Sheriffs dug the truck and where BSing with me and the stater was verifying the VIN

It's not a very bright thing to go speeding in a vehicle you don't have title to.

I have the title. I carry it with me all the time since I dont have registration.

I get the paperwork done, running or not, the first business day.

I got it without the door tag and wasnt able to register it until I did and just got it recently.

I tried to register it within the first week and thats when I discovered the door tag was missing.

Yes, but the title wasn't in your name.

Oregon must do inspections for title transfers from out of State? WA used to but stopped doing that in 2001.

What would they do if the door tag was gone and you couldn't get it? One of my trucks, the tag was torn off. There's only one corner left.

On my old 280Z, the dash tag was gone (the car was stolen and the vin tag had been ripped off when it was removed, but the car was recovered and reassembled). The State patrol as part of the VIN verification stuck a new reassignment tag in its place, and affixed a new tag on the doorframe. I've had a car from Oregon that had the same thing, a Oregon State assigned VIN plate (with the original numbers) affixed where the original was missing.

Skib (not ever skip)

skib.bish: adj. (skib-ish)

[Middle English, perhaps of Dutch origin, akin to Old Norse skjōta, to skjib (wave with one finger) .]

2. One who avoids having his/her picture taken unless middle finger is showing. [see skjib above] {usage 13.2%}

philcas and atomchurch are a bunch of skibs

DSC03859.jpg

farmer joe too!

DSC03857.jpg

Yes, but the title wasn't in your name.

its signed over to me.

Oregon must do inspections for title transfers from out of State?

they just make sure the VIN matches the title.

which is what he did today to make sure the title I had was for the truck.

What would they do if the door tag was gone and you couldn't get it?

go to OSP and have them check out the frame VIN.

again which is what he did today to make sure the title I had was for the truck.