2dr Rat, and 4dr daily

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because jim wolf is local (less than 10 mins away) and a friend of a couple friends. He flashed two of my buddies sentras and both put down some good numbers and run very reliable. Not saying jwt is better or worse than nistune just what im a tad bit more familiar with.

but nothing an safc2 won't clean up ;)

Please for the love of god dry.gif

I would never wire a safc into my car. I'm all about doing it through the fuel and timing maps. I tuned my sr with a laptop, wideband and backroads on Maui.

The problem with the safc is by adjusting the MAF signal your moving the timing into unknown and potentially dangerous areas of the timing map. Even with a JWT ECU by adjusting the MAF signal you could move over 3 cells and advance the timing 10DEG without knowing it. At spool up this could be catastrophic. For the price of a Nistune and Dyno time you'll be waaay ahead. A lot of shops that specialize in the Nistune ECU can set you up without the cost of the Software which is a huge savings.

I ran my setup at 18PSI for years without issue and thats without being tuned on a dyno.

So i installed the fuel pump today, finished wiring (just grounds and the orange wire). Added some gas and turned the key annnnnndddddd....no spark haha. I havent done any diagnostics yet as I was trying to keep my hands clean (literally, dont ask im a sucker for blondes). I did test for voltage to the coil but didnt test if any was leaving it. Oh well work for tomorrow. I gotta run down to the junkyard tomorrow and grab the stock 240 intake pipe anyway so while im there ill grab a coil just for kicks. Hopefully tomorrow ill have my 510 back!

@ Twodoordime -- hey man got any parts you want to sell? Let me know what you got. Send me a PM. Love'n your build. Looking to go the original L16 route myself. Hit me up sometime.

I got parts ill sell it just depends what you want man. I have a shed full of 510 parts and both my 2drs have what they need so everything is for sale. Not a whole lot of l series parts left but it just depends send me a list or just cruise over one day.

Thinking about putting my rat up for sale. Any input on value? I will finish the ka and make sure its a good runner before it officially goes on the market. I figure it will probably be purchased by a datsun fan so might as well have datsun fans appraise it.

Thinking about putting my rat up for sale. Any input on value? I will finish the ka and make sure its a good runner before it officially goes on the market. I figure it will probably be purchased by a datsun fan so might as well have datsun fans appraise it.

what-the-fuck-is-this.jpg

Hahaha yeah I never thought I would even think about selling either of my 2 drs but it might be time to let them go. I love this car and it might just go into storage instead of selling it. I want to buy a house soon and if I sell all my cars besides one daily ill have a decent down payment.

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone. I guess the ka swapped rat wont be alive this year. I move on the 1st of november (start a job the 4th) and im taking the integra. The car is in storage in san diego. I plan on coming back to sd at the beginning of the year to get it but until then I guess ill just roam ratsun encouraging others builds....

The motor is in and runs, all wiring is done, fuel lines are ran. Its pretty much finished minus driveshaft (which is at the shop).. The reason im not taking it to boise is it has no weather stripping or a heater lol. In san diego that doesnt matter at all but boise gets cold. I will be collecting parts over the winter so this build thread will occasionally get updates.

• 2 years later...

If anyone is interested in trading my ka24e with trans, wiring harness, and crossmember for an L series with intake/exhaust mods let me know. This is my 4th(?) 510 with a ka in it and it lost some of it's appeal to me when I swapped it. So up for grabs is my ka24 swap in trade. I don't really care what size L as long as it has intake/exhaust mods. Text me if interested 619-971-5082.

• 6 years later...

this old girl is still kickin! Now a dohc ka with an eBay turbo and megasquirt. Makes right around 260whp still ratty, still primered, still awesome!

unfortunately I sold the 4dr, I do still have 2 other 2dr cars though! My blue car (pictured) and my Sahara car, not pictured.

9EEE8488-3DAF-490F-95FD-4B47370C1B18.jpeg

45CFA8A9-DA98-4582-9C71-2E5BAB339EBD.jpeg

7B0AD0D9-2C4C-4F28-BF04-47CA0D9CC39E.jpeg

150BF5FE-67E9-4850-9E3F-55B22BB16B92.jpeg

Edited by Twodoordime
  • Like 2