datsun 510 rim and wheel tips

im trying to get a set of shoes for my 72 datsun 510 im just not sure if they fit i would take the car wher the rims are located at but my car is not in running condition.

well the rims are 18'' 215 -35-18 the lug pattern is 4x100 and 4x114.3 please let me know if they fit in my car thanks ratsun members biggrin.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would, definitely. Look around at the 510 threads and check out the different combinations some other members have on theirs. There is a wheel thread somewhere around here, with alot of different flavors. You should check it out.

wher is it located it at i should check it out

Smaller rims would be way better my dad is running 15's and loves them. I think the max rim size i have seen personally is 17's (i think) on Aole Espy's maroon 510. Hope he is doing all right:rolleyes:

is ther anyway i could fit some 18 tho??

i want something diffrent then all datsuns they mostly have small 13 14 15 16 rims

215 35R 18 tire on rim would be

Width......................... 8.46" (215mm)

Sidewall height........... 2.96

Overall height........... 23.93"

Circumference.......... 75.16"

Take a look at the total height. That's almost 2 feet tall !!!!!! Hold a tape measure against the tire and rim you have and that will give you a good idea what the fit will be. The rim without a tire would be close to the stock rim and tire. ?

I ran 18x8s with a 215-35-18 tire on my car but its been tubbed front and rear, I have since sold the 18s and went down to a 16x8 less rotating mass and the less wear and tear on wheel bearings and brakes it can be done but unless you plan on doing upgrades to the brakes and stuff I would stay away from it

-Clayton

IMGP0643.jpg