Datsuns NW Polar Bear Cruise

dvboth

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might make this one too.

Ya'll better make this one. It is going to be a whole lot of fun! Everyone please come on down.

This is a great chance to get (re)aquainted with DatsunsNW. You know the folks that do that Canby show. We will be looking for members, volunteers, ideas, recruits, etc..This is how we are gonna do meetings from now on. Driving and enjoying the thing that we all love... Datsuns! How cool is that, right?

Stay tuned. More details to come.

Guest Rick-rat

Any body else going to this from Seattle/Tacoma/Kitsap peninsula gonna make the trek down south for this? If so where do you all want to meet up to head down to meet up with the Oregon Ratsuns

Here is a little quote from the Big Bad Bruce...

Saturday the 12th of Feb we'll be doing our annual "blow off the stink" run ending up at the Silver Falls Conference Center east of Salem OR for lunch ($8.50), picture taking. the first meeting of 2011 and an open invitation to anyone looking for a club home to come take a look at Datsuns Northwest. This is the club that does the heavy lifting for Canby every year and have embarked on a schedule of activities for 2011 that you may find of interest.

www.datsunsnw.org for details as to club activities and start place and time for the Polar Bear.

Will post details of the route when they come through...

Polar Bear Cruise

First Cruise of the Year! Don't Miss it!

What: Polar Bear Cruise

When: Saturday Feb 12 — 9 AM

Where: Meet at the Home Depot off I-5 at exit 253 south of Salem

Duration: About 70 miles on various types of roads (all paved)

It's time to get your baby on the road. Come along and cruise with your favorite group of Datsun folks.

It's a great time to see what everyone else has done to their car over the long rainy Northwest winter.

Now, we aren't promising a sunny day...but it could be. What we are promising is an awesome day of cruising. We'll see some of the mid-valley's nicer examples of covered bridges and stop at a fish hatchery along the way.

You don't need to be a member of Datsuns Northwest ...and even if your Datsun isn't quite road-worthy yet, come along in your other car.

We're meeting up at the Home Depot off I-5 at exit 253, south of Salem. The address is 3795 Hagers Grove Road Southeast, Salem. There's food, gas and what have you close by. Plan to be there by 9am and don't forget your camera. There's gonna be a lot of photo ops you won't want to miss.

Our destination is the beautiful Silver Falls Conference Center where they'll serve us lunch for only $8.50. The folks there have reserved part of the dining room for us and they're very excited about getting to see our nifty cars.

During lunch, we'll have the first club meeting of the year. It's a great time to learn about upcoming events, renew your membership, and perhaps volunteer to help out at Canby. If you're already a member or have signed up using our awesome online form, we'll have your official 2011 membership card for you then.

So, tune it up—fill it up—rev it up and

we'll see you on the 12th!

Notice new plan!!!!!

Guest Rick-rat

Gonna try to make it, planned on it but I had 1 of my rear calipers fail, just waiting for parts , and enought time to get it back together. might have to call in sick when my parts show up. at least the parts were under warranty and no charge or hassle to get new parts

If I remember right, there is a big dip in the road (train Track I think) on the way to Silver Falls from Hwy 22 direction. I hit that thing with a one ton dually with 8.5' camper on, not slow enough. LOL

Larry

we wont be on 22 but for a mile or so from home depot!

Polar Bear Cruise

First Cruise of the Year! Don't Miss it!

What: Polar Bear Cruise

When: Saturday Feb 12 — 9 AM

Where: Meet at the Home Depot off I-5 at exit 253 south of Salem

Duration: About 70 miles on various types of roads (all paved)

It's time to get your baby on the road. Come along and cruise with your favorite group of Datsun folks.

It's a great time to see what everyone else has done to their car over the long rainy Northwest winter.

Now, we aren't promising a sunny day...but it could be. What we are promising is an awesome day of cruising. We'll see some of the mid-valley's nicer examples of covered bridges and stop at a fish hatchery along the way.

You don't need to be a member of Datsuns Northwest ...and even if your Datsun isn't quite road-worthy yet, come along in your other car.

We're meeting up at the Home Depot off I-5 at exit 253, south of Salem. The address is 3795 Hagers Grove Road Southeast, Salem. There's food, gas and what have you close by. Plan to be there by 9am and don't forget your camera. There's gonna be a lot of photo ops you won't want to miss.

Our destination is the beautiful Silver Falls Conference Center where they'll serve us lunch for only $8.50. The folks there have reserved part of the dining room for us and they're very excited about getting to see our nifty cars.

During lunch, we'll have the first club meeting of the year. It's a great time to learn about upcoming events, renew your membership, and perhaps volunteer to help out at Canby. If you're already a member or have signed up using our awesome online form, we'll have your official 2011 membership card for you then.

So, tune it up—fill it up—rev it up and

we'll see you on the 12th!

This Saturday folks! Dont forget! It's gonna be grrrreat.