510 in modified mag

freaky510

I thought i saw a post some were about the 510 in the new issue of Modified Mag its a nice dime a sad story and a lot of work. Now dont get me wrong but hey could of found a better dime than that. Iam not trying to piss

people off but whats so big about a 510 with a ka in it we all have seen it. in my personal opion the sould have done some research at the mag and found idk may a car like Green Bastard's if you have seen his car you would know what iam talking about a 510 witha 3.3 or 3.5 in it. come on people thats to kool.all custom intior the fattest suspension around. sorry but if i were going to put that much cash in my ride it would not sport a ka. :mad:

in a way i feel i wasted 5 bucks on the mag

FrEaKy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i felt they same way as you after seeing that. it is a real nice dime but there is nothing that really stands out on that car to be able to get a feature imo. its cool that they did a feature on a 510, but wasnt impressed on the car they picked. oh well, it still gives me inspiration to head out and work on the dime in our shop

idk i just drive my dime like i stole it.:eek: You put up a good challange.Hope to see you this year at some races. But really your car is way nicer than the 1 in the mag.I know that iam not the Datsun god but i have seen just about every kind of swap from an electric datsun to a v8 powered 510 and your little Green Bastard is the cleanest swap i have seen you took your time and made the swap really clean the engine bay is beautiful you intior is TOP of the line:D and clean. if i can get a hold of Modified mag i have a few sug:fu:. for them so hopefuly we will see a 510 worthy of a 4 page artical in a mag.

hey Green Bastard do you have a link so we can show the peps what a 510 swap should look like??:eek:

i have that issue, and i agree, The kid got hurt at work and got a big settlement, and proceeded to spend way to much money, here's a quote from the article

"This 510 is not representative of a low budget endeavor. Abandon all hopes of building this exact car for less than, oh, a boatload of cash. Let's just say it looks the new BMW M5 squarley in the eye, and makes a 335i twin-turbo appear to be a bargain"

Base price on a 335i TT starts at $40,000 and goes well over $50,000, and the only work done to the KA is a longtube header and NOS( and i would hope a fresh rebuild) :lol

Just reading the article makes you realise, how all those people you hear about winning the lotto, and then are broke 5 years later, how they lose all there money, cause they spend way to much for frivalous stuff, and dont think.

lets all send them pics and our saddest sorry and see if we can get our dimes in a mag.hey 77 ileft my mag in a restroom somewhere could you post up the letter to the editor's email address and the lets all write him/her and let them know that their are wwwwaaayyy nicer dimes.Or just lets find out who has the most awards for their dime and flood the mag with pics and a story

Well all I can say is there was more crap he could have waisted his money on. So what if he got cash, I guess all who are jelous can hate that fact and not look past it. I know some of you and maybe even I would put stupid amounts of money into a car because we are car people. Oh ya, are you hating the guys who are restoring a classic cars and are getting more then 50 grand out of it? Remember what our hobby is!

Stop being cool guys

okay, I finally got around to reading the article last night.

OF COURSE the car isn't very exciting, and OF COURSE Jordan's car is far more worthy to be featured (among others!)

Did anyone else notice anything wrong with the front marker lights? They look to have been switched laeft for right. WTF?

Thanks for posting the pics Bleach. Now I know what my car is supposed to look like......maybe time to start washing it up again.

That is the 3.3 motor, same physical dimensions as the old 300zx 3.0 I had in there.

Thanks for all the compliments, but I can think of at least 12 other dimes that are nicer than mine. :( It's always a work in progress...