r200 air loc

freaky510

so after all the cam talk i has become obious that i should change the gearing in my r200 so as i was looking for a gear set i found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARB-Rd107-Nissan-R200-IFS-29-Spline_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33731QQihZ014QQitemZ330202633413QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

a locker for a r200 nice so since i have a open diff iam thinking 4:11 with a locker i could still drive around with out binding up the rearend.

shit ill just weld it up a call it miller locked

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. These type lend themselves to off road/rock crawling more than street. They are either locked solid which is not desirable for anything but straight ahead driving, or unlocked which gives no traction advantage. A clutch type would be much better for the street as it is working at all times to provide drive to both wheels AND some slip for turns. With the diff locked, going around a sharp turn at high speeds will force the inner tire to turn faster than it wants to and the outer tire to turn slower than it wants to. Assuming a weight transfer to the outside tire and thus added traction, the inner tire is going to spin at the same speed as the outer one. This can't be good for traction and is rough on tires.

• 4 weeks later...