Official Pre Christmas Eve Merry Christmas

HRH

I'm not particularly religious, but I do celebrate Christmas. Not necessarily for the religious aspect but simply for being that time of year when we think of people other than ourselves and try to behave better towards our fellow men and women than we probably have most of the year. Plus, who doesn't love making a kid's day with a cool gift under the tree? Peace on earth and goodwill towards men (and women)! (Watch Monty Python's "The Life of Brian" for some particularly meaningful content on this season.)

I for one, will be spending Christmas with mom and dad and our annual "Taco Soup" Christmas eve. It's been a tradition for a while. We missed it last year due to Grandma's passing. I figured we ought to start it back up and mom agreed.

That said, whatever you celebrate, I hope it's merry, and here's my christmas card to prove I'm not bullshitting with the Christmas spirit! :D

christmascard.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, that's only if you buy into that crap! Case in point, I asked my buddy what his kids wanted for Christmas and he said they got them an I pod so I gift things or whatever would probably work. Naturally, this vexed me, as I still have a cassette player in the 510 because it's a rally car and plus no one would bother to steal a cassette player.

Anyway, went to the hobby shop and found two AWESOME gifts! One was a set of two glass bowls with all sorts of paint and other stuff you can decorate them with and use for popcorn bowls, etc. The other was a kitchen chemistry set, which includes instructions on how to make slime, among other things, with a variety of common household ingredients!

Fun and educational! Not corporate crap! You just have to break through the clutter to reach the kids! :cool:

Aww man, we're getting a bunch of negative nellies harshing my mellow! :D Gotta get you guys infected with the positive spirit!!! :P

So my sarcastic, snarky boss the other day tells me I should be more positive. And I say you're right, I should be more positive, I'm going to be positive until Christmas. I'm not even going to bash the customers who come in and try to irritate me with their stupidity. It's been funny since that conversation. I've held up my end of the bargain, and every nasty jibe he comes up with, I think of a way to sugarcoat it. It's actually been extremely fun being positive all week just to screw with the boss man. :D

Besides that, there was a time when it wasn't about consumerism! But that only was recognized if you were driving a Datsun and subscribed to a different philosophical view regarding vehicles as utilitarian transportation as well as racing machines! But to get you all in the proper mood, check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbw9-uq9sMU

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Aww man, we're getting a bunch of negative nellies harshing my mellow! :D Gotta get you guys infected with the positive spirit!!! :P

So my sarcastic, snarky boss the other day tells me I should be more positive. And I say you're right, I should be more positive, I'm going to be positive until Christmas. I'm not even going to bash the customers who come in and try to irritate me with their stupidity. It's been funny since that conversation. I've held up my end of the bargain, and every nasty jibe he comes up with, I think of a way to sugarcoat it. It's actually been extremely fun being positive all week just to screw with the boss man. :D

Mellow as in Marsh kind?

Mmm rice krispie sqaures :lol:

And on the other side of the spectrum, Quiet Riot rocks! At my hobby store I got the 1971 African Safari Rally 240z car, but they didn't the the 510, which is what I really wanted. Still haven't put the Z car together, probably should.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

And on the other side of the spectrum, Quiet Riot rocks! At my hobby store I got the 1971 African Safari Rally 240z car, but they didn't the the 510, which is what I really wanted. Still haven't put the Z car together, probably should.

Why is it we do not put some plastic together?

I have a few models(including the safari 510) they all seem to sit in the box :blink: :unsure:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Wow, speaking of the 70's, saw this when I got done listening to Cheech and Chong. Trippy!

:lol: :cool:

There is a recent "thread"(why are they called threads? isnt that for old people and sewing?) :lol: On music way back tracks :o :cool:

Why is it we do not put some plastic together?

I have a few models(including the safari 510) they all seem to sit in the box :blink: :unsure:

Awwww, you have the safari 510, I'm SO jealous! I used to put together quite a few models, just always find myself busy with the 100/100 scale model in the garage. :P

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Awwww, you have the safari 510, I'm SO jealous! I used to put together quite a few models, just always find myself busy with the 100/100 scale model in the garage. :P

No need to be jealous, Its Plastic!

I have a few of the 100/100 scales to wtf is with this.

Its fucking controling,Datsun this datsun that..

why,

oh my I have become consumed by datsun :lol:

I am an American ,and Americans consume ,, Me and my oldest boy went out to malls today and spent and obnoxious amount of cash. Now my wife and second son have been gone since 8:00 and i am sitting here cranking up youtube ( TO ELEVEN!!! ) at 11:40 with tree lights a twinkling and i could not be more in the christmas spirit.Now if i could just get her to make chocolate chip cookies instead of oatmeal ones i would be shining like a golden christmas ball baby.

Oh, merry Christmas HRH

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I am an American ,and Americans consume ,, Me and my oldest boy went out to malls today and spent and obnoxious amount of cash. Now my wife and second son have been gone since 8:00 and i am sitting here cranking up youtube ( TO ELEVEN!!! ) at 11:40 with tree lights a twinkling and i could not be more in the christmas spirit.Now if i could just get her to make chocolate chip cookies instead of oatmeal ones i would be shining like a golden christmas ball baby.

Oh, merry Christmas HRH

I am a Caunuck, :lol:

We consume Dattos, by the .... :lol:

Merry Christmas to all! Speaking of shopping at corprate stores,COSTCO has a 240Z made by Maisto (I think ) in a few different colors for around $20 if anybody is still shopping. My christmas eve will be spent at work,but we close at 5 today. Most of the mechanic shops are closednor are closing early,so I'll probably get out early. A little time for some last minute gift shopping for my nephews,& grandson. Then of to our Christmas program. I hope you all have a great christmas!