future datsun parts storage

wayno

This is the start of my future datsun parts storage, I need to make room in the house for me. I bought a used 10' X 12' storage shed, but it is to short so I am adding 16" in height to it so I don't have to bend over to walk around in it. I have been inspired by Mike K. as he has made lots of storage space this way. wayno

DSCN0007.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason my brain saw shortage instead of storage and my first thought after that was.. Well maybe if half of our sheds burnt down as there will be datto parts stashed all over.

I've got a few sheds, not very large but enough to stash all my junk and parts. You'd be surprised at how much of a shop you can turn a 10x12 building into.

I have made some progress on my storage, the second Oic. is it standing on the pedestal, it's a house of cards, hardly any screws holding it there, the first and last Oics. are of how it sits this morning, it stil needs doors and a skirt, but it isn't going anywhere anymore. When I bought it, it had less than half the screws holding it together as it does now, I hope by tomarrow it will be holding datsun parts and my lawn mowers and rototillers, gotta keep code inforcement happy, after all, it is a garden shed, so I can get in and out of my house(either door) without stepping over datsun parts. wayno

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

Could you add a 4x8 tipout off the side? I've got a bunch of stuff I don't want to get rid of but the back of my truck is out of room and I need to haul some stuff so the spare parts have to go SOMEWHERE, and my wife says, no, not in the living room. I could send it over and you could store for me!

Just put a roof over your entire yard, maybe then it'd all fit.

...but good start wayno!

Funny....... but for me almost true. Damn I wish my yard was covered. Seriously need to go through and throw some out so that next week I'll find I needed it for something.

The doors are on now, I have gotten to the point where I am building shelfs and am unsure if the store still sells the ones I have now as I only have 6 of them and need 18. So I am off to the store tomarrow to find more storage containers. I hope to find inexpensive ones, then it will be time to start filling them. I bet it will take several days. wayno

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg