FOR SALE Roadster ULTRA CLOSE RATIO 5 speed gearbox

My plug..........see eBay link below. If a forum member HERE IN THE LOWER STATES wins the bidding, I will waive the shipping cost. Any other INTERNATIONAL forum guys, I will credit the $65.00 flat rate, and you would pay the difference.........sorry, way too expensive to offer to cover it!

ALSO, I will be travelling by car from Michigan to Maryland for the Christmas holiday, so I could drop off/deliver along the way. I will be driving thru Detroit, thru northern Ohio east on the Turnpike, thru Pittsburgh on the Turnpike, thru northwestern Maryland to the DC Metro area, then on to Ocean City Maryland.

My link

Thanks! TJ

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My plug..........see eBay link below. If a forum member HERE IN THE LOWER STATES wins the bidding, I will waive the shipping cost. Any other INTERNATIONAL forum guys, I will credit the $65.00 flat rate, and you would pay the difference.........sorry, way too expensive to offer to cover it!

ALSO, I will be travelling by car from Michigan to Maryland for the Christmas holiday, so I could drop off/deliver along the way. I will be driving thru Detroit, thru northern Ohio east on the Turnpike, thru Pittsburgh on the Turnpike, thru northwestern Maryland to the DC Metro area, then on to Ocean City Maryland.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :MESELX:IT

Thanks! TJ

Link is broken TJ! :)

datzenmike pointed out that I forgot the actual ratio's...........

This should be the gearing info for the FS5C71A

Ultra-Close Ratio: Part Number = NMCRK-32011

1st-1.858, 2nd-1.388, 3rd-1.217, 4th-1.00, 5h-0.852

For those of you who already read my request asking about an eBay member (now deleted), don't worry about it.............he's a 510 buddy giving me a hard time! Steve's a jack wagon!! For those who didn't read it before, never mind!

If I keep the GT3 car, I'd start a project thread. If I'm gonna turn it to someone that can afford to put it back into competition where it may very well deserve to be, I wouldn't want to start a project thread. Maybe just a thread asking for help? Hell, I've got calls into the DC Metro SCCA, emails out all over the place, and my "request" in the eBay listing, a thread may very well help. Thanks for the idea!

Thread jacking indeed! Just to clarify, bananahamuck is talking about something completely different. The gearbox/transmission that I currently have on eBay was removed from the transmission tunnel area of the GT3 car pictured, that I just purchased, where it had rested quietly since the 1980's.

bananahamuck, PM sent.

Same type,,, and because i live 5000 miles away from where YENPIT lives i was not speaking of this exact trans BUT ONE EXACTLY LIKE IT. but since tdaaj lives about 8 miles from me HE probably knows this.

i wrote sorry

and ya did get free bump.

Yes it will BUT You will need the missing L series bell housing and this is a racing transmission and like many things from a race car like headers, roll bars, fuel cells, they don't always work on daily driver cars. Take a good look at the gear ratios:

Ultra-Close Ratio: Part Number = NMCRK-32011

1st-1.858, 2nd-1.388, 3rd-1.217, 4th-1.00, 5h-0.852

Stock 510 sedan ratios are 3.382 that's an 18% difference. The higher the numbers the easier it is for the engine to get the car moving from a stop. Oh yeah this won't be cheap and can be expected to bring primo price.

TJ we prefer that you post an asking pric on this so I put in a guesstimate in the title. (these can go for $2000 to a team who wants it bad) If you want to change it let me know.

mike

Oh yeah this won't be cheap and can be expected to bring primo price.

TJ we prefer that you post an asking pric on this so I put in a guesstimate in the title. (these can go for $2000 to a team who wants it bad) If you want to change it let me know.

mike

Wow, someone got a deal @ $1200.

Ha hahahah I put a guestimate of what it would sell for. Pretty damn close. lolz.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.