check out my rc crawler!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These look like lots of fun! I was into RCs when I was younger and have been checking into getting a drifter or a crawler. I need a new hobby and this fits the budget. I feel like I could buy a full size wheeler for the price though! What are good ones on a budget?

These look like lots of fun! I was into RCs when I was younger and have been checking into getting a drifter or a crawler. I need a new hobby and this fits the budget. I feel like I could buy a full size wheeler for the price though! What are good ones on a budget?

Look I am addicted to all RC stuff.

I have been doing RC since I was about 9.

Look what has happen to me!

mystuffinthehouse002.jpg

mystuffinthehouse001.jpg

I sold a Helicopter and Jetta to get my 510 Wagon!

The RC10 GT belongs to my 8 year old boy. It has a racing engine in it. I let him played with it with about only half power!

Any way , I never thought the rock crawler thing was going anywhere! other wise I would have one of those two!

I got into mine for about $300

DSCN4789.jpg

Probably have more than doubled that cost now with all the upgrades I've done.. :lol:

That's a sweet collection you got there Doctoraudio :thumbup:

@doctoraudio nice collection! What is a good all around rc or do they make any? It's a toss up for me to get a drift rc a crawler or a 4wd buggy. I have hardwood floors where I live and weather is often crap so the drift one would be fun for winter but summer is here and I know I'll want to set up rally tracks in my yard etc lol probably leaning towards a nitro rc buggy but then again the crawlers look rad

Get a mini Revo or slash.

Revo is all wheel drive, switch the tires and you have a winter time drift car!

Hehehehe!

Thank for the positive comments! guys!

Is awd or rwd better in what sense? I checked then out look cool and sound like fun. Is nitro or electric better?

It just depends on what you want talk to the local guys. Most RWD are built for speed.

But most are switching over to electric because less maintenance.

No glow plugs to deal with just get lots of batteries! I say at least 4. with a really good charger you can play almost non-stop.

But nitro does has it, points , just a few!

@doctoraudio nice collection! What is a good all around rc or do they make any? It's a toss up for me to get a drift rc a crawler or a 4wd buggy. I have hardwood floors where I live and weather is often crap so the drift one would be fun for winter but summer is here and I know I'll want to set up rally tracks in my yard etc lol probably leaning towards a nitro rc buggy but then again the crawlers look rad

i know this wasent addressed to me but i personally would go with an electric slash by traxxas its fast and low enough that its good indoors but has a good amount of travel for some light offroading. my tmaxx will go alot more places then the slash but the slash can be used indoors and is alot better on the street when you just wanna putt around the block my tmaxx is nitro and it can be a bitch with the glow plugs but nothing beats it when its ripping it up and it shifts into second gear . my friend down the street has a slash and it can keep up with my tmaxx till i hit second

slash:

slash.jpg

my tmaxx with the beater escalade body:

0402110048.jpg

honistly i think if my truck was electric i would use it more

Really I figured the nitro would be better cause from what I remember from having rc cars that were electric was slowing down dead batteries :P I had two cars that transformed I think I need to get them from my parents lol one turned from car into military boat thing and you could drive it strait into water it was baller. The other one was pretty fast and had 2 speed settings that auto switched and it went from crawler hight and extended to get low and went faster in that mode. Wonder what the rents will think when I ask for em ha. I just remember the car I had was quick but my friend had a nitro one and it humiliated my car when we raced. I could keep up with all the other beighbor kids electric cars though ha

EMAXX! I have a nitro Losi stadium truck. Its fast and loves jumps. Havent run it in 6 years though...

2 big brush motors = dead battery in about a minute

nitro has some serious pros its faster then electric, they run longer just refill the tank and your off again, trips people out when you rip past them

but the cons i have discovered are i can never seem to get a glow plug that lasts longer then a few runs, nitro costs an arm and a leg lest time i bought fuel it was $30 for a gallon of 20%, unless you have an electric start hooked up (stock traxxas stuff has the easy start) pulling on that little bitch to make it start sucks ass

Well , Things have changed.

The min slash has broke most nitro trucks can't keep up with electric thesedays.

I don't want to start an argument. But electric has come a long way. With theinvent of Lipos. Plus with companies like HobbyKing.

Electric is mostly trouble free. You can run battery after battery for hours.

Here is something you need to look at also.

Nitro truck

3 sets of Batteries unless you have a pull-start.

tuning is an issue

Glow plugs cost about 9 bucks now

Nitro is noisy

Nitro is messy

Can't run nitro in the house, unless really ventilated.

Engines break and wear out.

Hydro locking is common with nitro’s.

Fuel is 30-40 bucks a gallon now

A good nitro motor is good for about a season or two

Nitro stinks up your cloths

Most nitro come with a RX battery that needs to be charged or it need 4 or 5AA's

Nitrotrucks are bout 300-400 new

Electric Trick

2 batteries 1 for the radio and the other

no tuning after first setup

No Glow plug

no noise except for the tires

Clean just rinse the dirt off and take into thehouse

Electric can be play with indoors.

A properly setup brushless system will neverfail unless you do something stupid.

batteries can run you from 30 bucks each to 100bucks

Batteries are good for about 500 to 1000 runs ifyou get a higher C battery than you need in the first place.

Electrics don't smell unless you bust one open.Then fire can happen

Your going to need to buy a Lipo charger, getthe best one you can afford. About 80-130 bucks will last forever.

Electrics are about 400-600 bucks new

Try and get one with a 2.4GHZ radio

Those are just some of the things I could think of off the top of my head.

I have 2 Nitro trucks of my own.

2.5 revo with a 250 engine, T-maxx 1.5 with a 300 dollar engine and yes theyare built for racing and bashing. Both are capable of plus 60- 75 mph. I havebeen beat by a couple electric trucks in the last year.

With the new Lipos and electric motors out even my 3 nitro Helicopters arequickly becoming a thing of the past.

@ years ago the motto was if you go big the nitro or gasoline. Now the liposystems are starting to get close to the power of gas.

They just can't beat the run times of gas. My buddies gas 30% plane can fly for30 mins non-stop. His electric 30% plane can only be flown for about 15 minsmax.

So, if I was you I would buy an electric!

Because it soon will be a no competition for either nitro or gas.

Now that is just my opinion of doing this for the last 20 years of my life. Iam an Rcer for life, and hopefully my wife will bury my radio with me!

Thanks for reading!

First , your welcome.

Now the web site I posted below, has some really good prices on stuff that is in the USA. and can be at your house in less than a week.

I ordered stuff from them all the time.

What you will find below is a bunch of motor and ESC combos that can be put into your present old electric RC trucks. As long as the servos and ESC are not a four or five wire setup.

Which will make it more powerful and run longer on the stock batteries.

Just measure your motor and the pinion shaft and find something that will fit in there.

Some modifications may be needed.http://www.hobbypartz.com/brushless-rc-car-combo-system.html

Once you do that you could blow up your drive train.

So be careful.

But if your need batteries after that go to this site.

They have batteries in a USA warehouse.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/US.asp?HobbyKing_USA_Hobby_Warehouse

They have great prices!

This battery of equal size from a major brand maker could cost you more like 65-90 bucks.

Screw that man.

Lipos are only made in 3 countries and the one from Japan are the best.

Korea is second and I forget where the other is made.

I have been running these batteries for the last 6 years and they are well worth it.

I was teased, when I should up to the flying field with them.

But when I started making fun of them because they could only afford 2 batteries. When I came to the site with 10 of each size.

They stop laughing at me.

Now most have these batteries.

Hehehehehe, I get to laugh again. He who laughs last laughs the longest.

Take a picture of it and post you truck I would love to see it.

But what I would do is get something newer.

Here are some cheap copies of some really great trucks and cars.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?catname=Electric+Offroad&idCategory=303&ParentCat=300

http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/products.php?cat=123

The bigger trucks are no fun in the house. unless you live in a mansion.

But are really fun when you pass you neighbor up when he takes off for work in the morning.

That pisses one of mine off all the time.

He even tried to run my truck over one morning and hit the curb. He doesn't live around here anymore, Hehehehehe!

Didn't take long to make him move.

Anyway man have fun and if I can help someone save money and have lots of fun. I AM HERE!