oldjdm in tha house

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal, all of our Datsun's are nice, thats why we are all here!! I am so effin diggin this woodgrain.......i can imagine so so many ways that would just make people do a triple take.........the suspension pieces are a super idea, but imagine wheels, door handles etc........... I put some of the pics of the roadster up as my background, and my kids have both commented on what an awesome datsun it is and where is came from and will i get one soon LOL...........I agree with Skib, there is some sexy hotness going on in this thread!!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

the wood grain powder coating is very very expensive. for those parts it would have cost close to 400 bux!!! my father in law worked there and just threw them into the order for me. its a process called sublimation you powder it the base color (there are 8 i believe) then it gets vacuum bagged, the bag has grain marks on the inside. while in the bag it gets put in a super hot oven, which burns the grain feature into the powder. that being said, it has limitations, if you look it didnt get into every nook and cranny like oldjdm's did. his is a better appearance, but im sure of the durability. mine can be used for suspension where nobody looks as hard as a valve cover. something like a fender would work just fine, same as door handles. there are only a few places in north america that do powder coat wood grain. its mostly used for high end aluminum windows and railings. the place i had it done was mayne coatings in langley b.c. canada. they do have a website and can do anything you need for that.

• 6 months later...

Just a little teaser...

newsetup2.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

Car is almost complete, ran in to a few problems with the fuel system and also exhaust.

Add this to the stables for a DD:

Subarurolling2.jpg

rollingshotwilly.jpg

The new setup:

S15 sr20det

Toda 264 cams

HKS 740cc injectors

Tomei Rocker arm stoppers

Brian Crower Titanium retainers

APEX power FC D-J retro

CP pistons 86mm 9:1 ratio

Eagle rods

Garret GT28 71r .86 turbo

Exhaust is getting done in a 3" pipe, also they are making a custom Radiator from scratch cause the old one is way to small for the power now.

we had problems @ the dyno with fuel lines @ 8 PSI made 250 RWHP and was starbing for fuel... Planing to run about 16 PSI on the next Dyno tunning.

Wheels are fully polished here a picture of them. also I found a rare set of "race craft performance flares" to fit the new 11" wide wheels

wheels.jpg

Wheels are fully polished here a picture of them. also I found a rare set of "race craft performance flares" to fit the new 11" wide wheels

wheels.jpg

Nice ride!! Who stretch your wheels, they did a clean job.